• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

BusBuild can't launch nmake

selinta

Hello, all!
Help me, please:

I'm working with JDE OneWorld, B7333. When I try to build business function, BusBuild gives me this text:

Generating Makefile: C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\B7\PD7333\obj\CALLEXCL.mak
Makefile generated.

Building business functions.

************CALLEXCL************

Failed to launch Nmake

************Build Finished************

CALLEXCL.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s): Build failed. Restored previous dll.

Directories in jde.ini are correct and nmake.exe exists in necessary place. Makefile generates. What it can be? What I'm doing wrong?

samantha_sana

Well Known Member
i think there could be a compatibility problem with the version of vc++ you are using. try to set your vc++ version configuration in the ini file correctly or check VC++ installation...

selinta

Thank you for your reply! I'm using VC++ 6.0, and in my ini is used the following text:
[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Optimize
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;
USER=JDE
VisualStudioVersion=6
All pathes are correct. Is something wrong?

Check your system environment variables are set. Goto a command prompt and type "set" to show your variables also try typing CL which should return the complier.

selinta

When I run nmake from the command prompt with the makefile which was generated by BusBuild, it works and make all of the necessary files. But when I run BusBuild, it gives me an error :(

samantha_sana

Well Known Member
I hv windows jde 9 installed in windows 8 so older version of vc++ was not supporting.i got the error similar to you.
"few dll was errored out or make was not succesful "
so i changed my ini file as below ..it works fine now.

*************PLEASE SAVE YOUR OLD INI FILE ************and try with this setting.May be it will help you

[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=Debug
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg ;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYS TEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools
USER=JDE

Thanks

Hi guys!

I finished JDE 9.2 install, but I'm having a problem with package full, when I try to validation build, I receive this message: Failed to find Nmake.exe property information, Check NAMKE command to make sure it is the correct version, anybody could help me please?

App: 9.2
TR 9.2.1
Visual Studio 2010
SO: 2012 R2 64X
DB: Oracle 12c

Kind Regards,

Juscelino Ribeiro

Last edited: