Build of an update package from a fat client ends in error.

vinnyl

As we are upgrading from XE to EO 8.10 I have installed 810 on the deployment server used for XE.
I tried then run XE update package build from a FAT client.

The package includes versions (standard + specific)

The client package build finishes with error
The server package build finishes with no error

If I run the build from the deployment server (using Snapshot) both package build complete successfully.

As a test I ran a Client update package build with the program R01403 with its standard versions and specific versions

In the BuildError.txt file we got the following errors :

Building TAM file rdatext.
WARNING: Record for object R01403 version CUST0001 not found in RDB, rdatext. Object not built in package. User can clean up versions table if version is not being used.
WARNING: Record for object R01403 version CUST0002 not found in RDB, rdatext. Object not built in package. User can clean up versions table if version is not being used.
WARNING: Record for object R01403 version XJDEDOC1 not found in RDB, rdatext. Object not built in package. User can clean up versions table if version is not being used.
WARNING: Record for object R01403 version XJDE0001 not found in RDB, rdatext. Object not built in package. User can clean up versions table if version is not being used.

We checked the versions out and check in again. Same result

Can you help?

Thanks

Vincent
CNC
XE Update 7 SP22
Win2000 SP4
Oracle 8.1.7.4
Citrix MF XP

Vincent,
have you tried running R98crtgl and refreshing the global tables on the fat client you are using for the build? or compress and install the latest full package for the required environment first. then try submitting the build.
Regards

Darren

Darren,

I have recompressed the parent full package,
Deployed the full package to my Client machine
Regenrated Global Table Spec (R98CRTGL)
run an update package.

I got the same error with the client package build (Build completed with Errors)
When building TAM file rdatext it could not find the versions in RDB, rdatext.

Back