Budgeting in E1 8.12 - Requested or Approved v/s Final Budget

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We have plan to implement Budgeting in E1 8.12, TR 8.96.40

I read in the documentation:-

Using three cycles provides an informal audit trail. Because the system carries forward amounts to the next cycle, using more than one cycle might require little or no additional time.

But if we finalize the budget using Final Budget application, why does the system allow us to change the Requested and Approved budget.

The system allows that feature but if you wish to not avail users of that feature you should create separate versions and select the cycle to be used for the current entries. Then using security you can only allow users for each cycle to only access the specific version for the cycle in which they are to prepare and enter the Budget amount. I tested this satisfactorily and it prevents users from making unwarranted changes.

In my opinion it is standard functionality. Generally, JDE supplies the applications in their generic state and then it is up to the users to determine how the applications will be employed in the business. You will find many instances where this applies. So I always make sure I understand the PROCESS, then map it to the SYSTEM (JDE) and then determine the needed security to protect the data to be used by the business for making decisions.

Back