BSSV No Longer Workfs When I change the number of BSFN Parameters

eagleralph

Hello Everyone,

I have experienced the following problem with multiple business services (both modified out of the box and custom).

I create a business function say with 5 parameters in the associated data structure.

Then, I use this new business function as a value object in a business service.

After some testing I find that I need to add two more parameters to the business function.

The problem is that the business service will not recognize the new business function parameters.

Does anyone know where the information regarding the business function parameters is stored for the business service
or what I can change in the business service so that it will recognize the new parameters?

Much thanks in advance for your help.

Danny McMillian
JDE Technical Architect
ABM Industries, Inc.
Tools release 9.1.4.2
JDeveloper Studio Edition release 12.1.2.0.0
Weblogic Server 12.1.2.0.0

Danny,

Anytime you modify the business function data structure, there are couple of things you can try.

1. Build the bsfn locally with latest DS and then invoke Jdeveloper
2. Create a new call to the bsfn from Jdeveloper and you should be able to see the new DS parameters.
3. Overwrite the old code with new one and you should be fine.

Hello Everyone,

I have experienced the following problem with multiple business services (both modified out of the box and custom).

I create a business function say with 5 parameters in the associated data structure.

Then, I use this new business function as a value object in a business service.

After some testing I find that I need to add two more parameters to the business function.

The problem is that the business service will not recognize the new business function parameters.

Does anyone know where the information regarding the business function parameters is stored for the business service
or what I can change in the business service so that it will recognize the new parameters?

Much thanks in advance for your help.

Danny McMillian
JDE Technical Architect
ABM Industries, Inc.
Tools release 9.1.4.2
JDeveloper Studio Edition release 12.1.2.0.0
Weblogic Server 12.1.2.0.0

If the new parameters are passed into your BSSV, they're stored in Value Objects. So you'd need to regenerate them or add the new parameter(s), then make sure they are assigned properly in your code.

If they're just passed in using code-generated or hardcoded values then Taurus is right, just code the BSFN call again.

Last edited:
Basically you need to change all from your service external to passing to internal and to actual function adding new parameters added manually.

Chan

If you want to make the jdeveloper recognice te new parmeters of the DS you should regenerate the table F989999 for the enviroment Local-DV910. This erases the cache of the jde objects used by the jdeveloper. After regenerating the table open the jdeveloper again and you should see the jiti working again getting for you the new specs of the DS.

Back