BOOSTRAP Error

Chan Rana

Chan Rana

Legendary Poster
Hi,
I am on E8.10 and AS/400 on JAS server. I am trying to connect to E1 using the standard JDE Address book program using dynamic connector. It is able to authenticae the user but gives me error as follows.

Cannot connect to OnewORLD:Exception occured while validating role in Java connector Login method:[BOOTSTRAP_ERROR] An error occured during bootstrap.

I went thru list and found its normally due to JDBC driver weel i got jt400.jar and tried using in classpath with no luck. Can somebody guide me thru steps i am missing.

Any hints or help would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chan,

You may want to start logging error messages with JDE/Peoplesoft/Borgacle - at least until they can provide a step-by-step guide on how to do an external connection to JDE using Java.

My guess is, that if you/we pester them with the individual messages - they will have to answer the individual messages... and eventually come to their senses that they need to provide REAL DOCUMENTATION.

Feel free to use your current client's support ID - I am sure they can set you up with a personal login to support.peoplesoft.com...

Feel free to cc me in on anything - I'm eager to help on this.

(db)

Hi List,

I started the debug log and following is the error i get in log.

----------------------
Caused by: com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [MISSING_CONFIG_SECTION] jdbj.ini is missing section JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE.
at com.jdedwards.database.services.bootstrap.JDBBootstrap.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
... 39 more
27 Mar 2006 13:00:47,855 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException} - com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [BOOTSTRAP_ERROR] An error occurred during bootstrap.
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [MISSING_CONFIG_SECTION] jdbj.ini is missing section JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE.
-----------------------

I have the data source section in jdbj.ini as specified in the error log but not sure where it is lloking for. I have copied all ini files in the directory where i am executing this program and have set all classpath & jar files.

Any idea where it is looking for jdbj.ini?

Thanks,

Back