• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Blurred Lines Between OW Forums

ssolberg

VIP Member
Although I belong to both OW forums, I have noticed that the lines between "which forum to post to" has become quite blurred. There seems to be some cross-posting to both forums with same post, and topics that seem to be posted to the "wrong" list. I know that we split the lists up on purpose and they still serve that purpose for the most part, but maybe a reminder of "what should be posted where" (with regards to OW). To me, the "developer" forum should be for the obvious programmer-type questions (which applies to me as well) but technical questions (which also applies to me) seem to fall into a grey area. For example, when one has OMW questions, it may not be from the development standpoint at all, just some techie-weenie question related to an ESU or upgrade. Service Packs and ESU are a "daily post" and you will see that these are most of the ones that get posted in either or both forums. Anyone, any thoughts?/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif

Programmer/Developer/Anything-They-Give-Me
World A7.3 11 (quite stable and usually happy)
Attempting CO with Xe, AS/400, SP14.2 V4R5 (not happy)

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Sannan,
I have also noticed the same that you.
I belong to the Developers List/Forum and read all post there. Although I don't belong to the other OW List, I regulary watch that Forum too but do not read all posts there just what could be interesting for me (or supposly I can help) based on the subject.
A good example could be for the mis-addressed issue, when I replied an "rtrim/ltrim ER coding" issue on the OneWorld XE Forum.

In my honest opinion, there are not so many mis-addressed issue, so they are not really annoying. For the sender will be a pain when her/his issue will un-replied there.

On the other hand, I can understand the Listers in many cases (not in all case) when they addresse their issue to both Forum because they hope and need an urgent help AND/OR the border is not clear where to address it (e.g. the lovely old issue "Changing Display Decimals"). I have also posted some (not too many) posts to the both Forum when I supposed, I can get help from both OR "Did You Know" type posts when I supposed, sharing the information could be useful for readers of both Forum/List.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)