BI Publishers email vs print

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E9.0 tools 8.98.42 and are using the embedded BI publisher to email ACH remittances. We are actually in QA with our solution for doing so.

Basically we had to create an ACH reprint process, then using the BI publisher embedded in JDE we will email those remittances. I modified our custom ACH remit to retrieve the email address from the address book electronic address table, and if blank substitute a default email address (like an AP one).

The request now that throws me a bit is that AP would like those that do not have an email address to be printed. That I don't see how. We will be creating an ACH reprint by payment batch. There does not seem to be any way in BIP to burst this large document, email those that have an email addres, and print those that do not.

Our solution is that everyone who is set up for ACH must have an email address. If there are a few exceptions, then the AP inbox would receive those and they would need to print and mail those, or call the vendor and get their email address.

We are still searching for a better solutoin, but dont see one yet. One thought was to actually have two payment groups, one for ACH with email, and one for ACH without email. Then different ACH versions could have different report definitions and could print or email based on the RD.

AP is resistent to that since they dont want another ACH run to execute, process, manage, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you upgrade to at least tools release 9.1 update 3, this feature is included, and is called Data Driven Delivery. It allows you to define delivery mechanisms based on data values in the XML file. You can send to e-mail only, printer only or both e-mail and printer.

Don,
I read you post about bursing in BI publisher. We are on TS 9.1.3 and I can not figure out how to setup a report to send some pages to an email and some to a printer.
Please let me know if you have any ideas or document explaining how to do that.
Thank you.
Simon,
[email protected]

Please search for Oracle document E24217-08 titled "BI Publisher for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Guide" for Release 9.1.x. Within this document, look in section 4.2.7 for details on implementation. Happy reading!

Back