BI Publisher / Weblogic / FMW not using my custom -Xms -Xmx settings

MFreitag

MFreitag

Reputable Poster
Hi all,
i don't know what's wrong with my setup but i can't get it to work, so i'm turning to you :)

I basically want to increase the -Xms and -Xmx Settings for my bi_server1, which is a Business Intelligence Publisher instance used for EnterpriseOne. Version is 12.2.1.3, patched to latest:
34883781;WLS PATCH SET UPDATE 12.2.1.3.221210
34630308;OBI BUNDLE PATCH 12.2.1.3.220922

Host is an Oracle Linux 7.9 and JDK being used right now is jdk1.8.0_181_64 (yes i need to work on that, too).

I tried all the settings i knew, be it setDomainEnv.sh, even setStartupEnv.sh with new USER_MEM_ARGS:
Bash:
USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms1024m -Xmx4096m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -xx:PermSize=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m"
export USER_MEM_ARGS

Before this block:
Bash:
if [ "${USER_MEM_ARGS}" != "" ] ; then
        MEM_ARGS="${USER_MEM_ARGS}"
        export MEM_ARGS
        USER_MEM_ARGS=""
        export USER_MEM_ARGS
fi

Didn't work, AdminServer doesn't even start. Tried to use a simple setUserOverrides.sh according to How to Pass Unique Start Arguments to Different Managed Servers Using setUserOverrides.sh Script in WebLogic 12c (Doc ID 2400688.1)

Bash:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Setting for UserOverrides.sh"

# global settings (for all managed servers)
export JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS"

# customer settings for each Server

if [ "${SERVER_NAME}" = "bi_server1" ]
then
echo "Customizing ${SERVER_NAME}"
export JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS -server -Xms1g -Xmx4g"
fi

echo "End setting from UserOverrides.sh"

Same result.

Simply adding the values to Server Start -> Arguments right on Weblogic Console doesn't work either... Still starts as this:
Code:
/oracle/jdk1.8.0_181_64/bin/java -server -Xms256m -Xmx2048m -cp /oracle/middleware/wlserver/server/lib/weblogic-launcher.jar

I am out of ideas. Where does ORACLE/Weblogic/FMW or whoever is in charge keep those settings? šŸ˜©

Oh wow, i just noticed it worked the whole time!
It's just showing up quite weird and puts the custom options further in the back. Haven't seen that before..

Code:
/oracle/jdk1.8.0_181_64/bin/java -server -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -cp /oracle/Middleware/wlserver/server/lib/weblogic-launcher.jar -Dlaunch.use.env.classpath=true [...] -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m [...]

Back