E9.2 BI Publisher - how to download/install

jgagnon

We are using JDE E1 9.2 with the 9.2.3.3 tools release.

I'm trying to figure out what the applications/plugins I need to use BI Publisher. What I know at this point is that there is are some MS Office add-ons/plug-ins that allows you to build the templates in Word or Excel and integrate them somehow with BIP in JDE E1.

Then, there appears to be a BIP application that runs on a fat client that also provides some functionality, although it's not clear at this point what this is. It's not clear if it is part of the E1 fat client, or something separate.

I'm having a hard time finding useful information on where to obtain these tools and how to install them. Lots of info about using them, but not how to get them in the first place.

Was able to locate and download the installer (12.2.1.0.0 - because my tools version is 9.2.3.3), but it fails to install. I think I have admin rights, but need to check on that.

Make sure you get the right version, 32-bit vs. 64-bit. It needs to be the right one for the MS-office version you're using, not the OS.

If you're using the embedded BIP, there's no special program on the fat client. You just upload your .rtf to P95600, and do the additional setup on the P95620. You can do this either on the fat or web client.

I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions. They both fail with the same message.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
Hmmm, not sure. The issue we had when installing it was because you needed to be an admin on that machine, which I was not. But I think it was a different error message.

Details:
MS Windows 10
MS Office 2016 (64-bit)
JDE 9.2
JDE tools release (TR) 9.2.3.3
BI Publisher Desktop 12.2.1.0.0 (64-bit)

OK, after a little trial and error, I managed to get the installer to perform the install. However, I'm not sure it worked properly. When the installer completed, I note a number of items in the Start menu (see Start menu screen shot), but some of them do not execute: Enable or Disable Template Builder and Set Template Builder Language display an error when executed (see error screen shot). I'm guessing the Enable or Disable Template Builder item installs and enables the Template builder add-on in MS Word?

I don't see anything that looks like it could be the add-in and I could not find definitive information about how to install it in the PDF user guide.

Prior research (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fa...frWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=1dhkwzazhd_102) indicates that only the latest version (12.2.1.4.0) has been certified to work with MS Office 2016. It is also the recommended version to use with JDE TR 9.2.4.0 and above. Taking this into account with the details above, it would seem our current set up is incompatible. We apparently either need to downgrade MS Office to an older version (2010 or 2013), or we need to upgrade JDE TR to the latest (9.2.4.4).

Would this be the conclusion of others as well?

Attachments

• StartMenu.png
    StartMenu.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
Update: I installed version 12.2.1.3.0 (32-bit) and now when I open MS Word, the BI Publisher tab is available with everything inside.

Back