BI Publisher A9.2 World - XML Formatting

rnuskind

Hi List,

Trying to get xml formatted correctly for a BI publisher template, using the BI publisher tool for World A9.2. I'm having trouble getting certain elements to be child elements. For example, in the attached text file (had to upload the xml as a text file) fields <Detail1_DTL2> should be a child of <Detail1_DTL1>, and <Detail1_DTL3>,<Detail1_DTL4>, <Detail1_DTL5> should be the child of the corresponding <Detail1_DTL2>.

All of my experience with BI Publisher is through EnterpriseOne. This can be accomplished in E1 through the use of sections and defining report variables in the correct section. I am not sure how to accomplish this using the World tool.

Any advice or reference to documentation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Attachments

• P55306 v2.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi List,

I found the solution to this problem in the A9.3 technical tools guide on page 80 and thought I would share the resolution. Here is the text...

Add grouping elements to the XML by the application program.
This only applies to programs that need to implement Level Break Structure. Due
to the complexity of the report require a program-controlled level break. This
feature allows DREAM Writer programs to add hierarchical structure to the XML
in addition to the structure already in the Level Breaks or in place of the Level
Breaks. Although you can define these anywhere in the XML, you use them
primarily for grouping related detail or total lines together and you can nest up to
9 levels. Use these primarily for the XML/BIP template processing.
You might need to group elements if:
The system uses multiple formats print detail or total information that you want to
group together and there is not a main format that always prints first.
There is no report field with a unique value to key the Level Break.
Grouping elements is similar to Level Breaks in that you add additional literals to
the report line in the DDS in order to signal the beginning or end of a group.
Unlike Level Breaks, you do not specify a field name containing a level break
value and it is up to the application to control when the grouping starts and ends.
11. Include an asterisk on the print line in the first byte position where the level break
field name begins, following the 4 byte literal.
The asterisk informs the export process that you are defining some type of
grouping function for this print line. The next byte after the asterisk, defines a
grouping operation. A Blank requests the start of a new group and is followed by
a 10 character group name.

Back