better response time with web client with SP23 than SP20 ?

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,

We use OneWorld Xe SP20 with web client. (wintel W2k platform, oracle 8i, websphere 4).
We study the eventuallity to update to SP23. Not really to get SP23, but to upgrade the architecture (win 2003 servers, oracle 9, websphere 5), for support concerns ... SP23 is just a consequence, as it's required for that.
But, as we also have some performance issue, we wonder if SP23 (and all software update related) could improve performance. Because we always hear : it could improve, but we cannot be sure ...
Some people for Oracle told me : it should be better as SP23 use dynamic html, less things to refresh, more things are done on the local machine.

I'd like to know if some people have some feedback about this.

Tanks for your help.

Rgds,

You should definately see performance and functional improvements between SP20 and SP23 on Java - theres around 4 years of development between the two and past SP21, there were huge strides in JAS development.

There was a huge difference between SP21 and SP22 - and between SP20 and SP21. Far more reliable, and far better performance.

Check your latest updates and check the knowledge garden for the HTML documents that come with the service packs to see the differences.

Note that you will be upgrading your encryption on your security between SP20 and SP23 - SP21Q1 is when security changed - so SP23 cannot be implemented as a multi-foundation in your environment since your F98OWSEC will change with the new encryption. You will need to plan for this to be a "big bang" rollout - and please ensure you back up your F98OWSEC before you roll it out.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your answer.
I think that it's this "should" that my boss won't like ! ;-)

Do you say that in theory, or did you experience it ? (even if you may not have seen it from SP20 to SP23, but from SP20 to SP21 or SP22 for instance)

Rgds,

Back