Best Website to use remote AS400/virtual machine to test ERP (JD Edwards World)

DIBARRA

Hi all,

Was not able to find an answer to this question:

What's the best website/service I could use to remote access a host IBMI as400 / power systems/ i series machine?
Not looking for any specific OS version (maybe R7.1 if possible). more than anything I'm looking to find a way to access an AS400 remotely from my windows 10 laptop and run JD Edwards world or JD Edwards One (or maybe even Mapics/infor) within that IBM machine.

I already researched some options. Below are some websites I found that offer access to host machines...

I confirmed with customer support for timeshare 4000 that he doesn't offer enough space on his machine to run JD Edwards on it.
Pub400 seems very limiting and I have no way of asking them whether an ERP could be run or not with the resources they would allocate me
Connectria says they will try and make a custom package should I be interested in getting an ERP on one of their machines,
and Rikascom support agent said he'd get back to me on whether it could be done or not, but that it would cost me upwards of $,1500

Do you guys know any place where I could get a potentially cheaper price and sufficient resources to play with JD Edwards ERP system?

Thank you if you took the time to read all this!
Any and all advice/ tips are welcome.

Before I retired a few years ago I had a JDE World client in which I purchased a single user version of Mocha TN5250 for remote access. At the time it was definitely less than $100.

Before I retired a few years ago I had a JDE World client in which I purchased a single user version of Mocha TN5250 for remote access. At the time it was definitely less than $100.
Hey Alex, appreciate the reply.

I'd like to ask... does the TN5250 terminal emulator give remote access to a designated host AS400? In other words, by purchasing a license for the emulator, would a host AS400 machine be provided by way of MochaSoft as well? Or would I still be in need of finding an AS400 machine that could provide me access and an environment to run JD World?

When you used TN5250 + JD World, which AS400 machine did you connect to? was it a machine that was owned by you/your company? Or were this machine's resources included with this emulation software?

Hey Alex, appreciate the reply.

I'd like to ask... does the TN5250 terminal emulator give remote access to a designated host AS400? In other words, by purchasing a license for the emulator, would a host AS400 machine be provided by way of MochaSoft as well? Or would I still be in need of finding an AS400 machine that could provide me access and an environment to run JD World?

When you used TN5250 + JD World, which AS400 machine did you connect to? was it a machine that was owned by you/your company? Or were this machine's resources included with this emulation software?
If you are trying to access any AS/400 to learn the JDE World system you are out of luck unless you have been given access to an existing system. Once you have been given the credentials to access, you configure the remote emulator. MochaSoft is just one of many vendors that sells the emulator. JDE WORLD is old green screen technology. The credentials are usually given to you by a consulting company or a customer still using JDE World which only runs on the AS/400. So, no, a host AS/400 would never be provided by MochaSoft. On the other hand JDE EnterpriseOne demo version can be installed locally but certainly will not have full functionality. EnterpriseOne can run on multiple platforms. Understanding JDE World is almost always an on the job thing and not intuitive. There are YouTube videos out there on JDE World but I haven’t heard good feed back. One other thing - I’ve seen some World customers use front end screen-scraper software which helps for those who don’t have the patience to understand all the nuances of the green screen.

Back