Batch update address book information

petoye

Hi,

We need to update a number of address book entries for existing entries. We only need to change a couple of fields but as we need to do it for a couple of 100 of entries we'd like to do this in batch. The only way I can think of how to do this would be using the F0101Z2 interoperability table. However as I understand it if you update a record using this table you have to make sure that you also include the existing fields that you do not want to change. If you leave these blank then apparently the existing values will be overwritten with blanks. Now this means I have to first extract the information of the existing customers before changing them and importing them again. However I don't know how to do this, and haven't found any help on this from the manuals. Can someone please advise?

Kind regards,

Peter.

As Larry said, use SQL if it is a one time shot.
Or develop an interface to import from Excel, if this is going to be done on a regular basis.
Warm regards,

Hi,

We need to update a number of address book entries for existing entries. We only need to change a couple of fields but as we need to do it for a couple of 100 of entries we'd like to do this in batch. The only way I can think of how to do this would be using the F0101Z2 interoperability table. However as I understand it if you update a record using this table you have to make sure that you also include the existing fields that you do not want to change. If you leave these blank then apparently the existing values will be overwritten with blanks. Now this means I have to first extract the information of the existing customers before changing them and importing them again. However I don't know how to do this, and haven't found any help on this from the manuals. Can someone please advise?

Kind regards,

Peter.
Hi Peter - Did you find any solution for this problem? I am currently facing the same issue.

Hi Peter - Did you find any solution for this problem? I am currently facing the same issue.
Hi Anjaly, 13 years later, the best option probably still is to use SQL like Larry suggested. If you have an occasional need to repeat this type of process, only then would it be worth the effort to write a UBE or Table Conversion that only updates the columns you want, or to create a form with an updatable grid.

Back