Batch Sales Order Interface and Preference Profiles

John Harper

Is it possible to use the Batch Sales Order Interface (P40211Z from fils F4001Z and F4011Z) and Preference Profiles to get the warehouse branch plant automatically allocated using the product?

Some background; We have several warehouses, order types and line types set up. We want to create a batch interface from a web site so we have the customer and product etc. What we would like is for Preference Profiles to automatically allocate the Warehouse when all we will provide is the Order Type and the Product Number.
I have done some experimenting and I can get the Product Line Type to be automatically assigned to the order line id I specify the Order Type and the Warehouse, but if I leave out the warehouse I get an error on the batch report that the warehouse cannot be blank.
I don't want to specify the warehouse in the Version defaults as different products will come out of different warehouses.

Anyone helpp?

John -

Take a look at P47011, the EDI order creation program. It allows the use of Preference Profiles. The input files to this program are F47011 and F47012, along with F4714 and F4715 for notes.

For change orders, see the EDI change orders program P47131, which uses F47131 and F47132.

(The file layouts for F47011 and F47131 are very similar to F4001Z, and the file layouts for F47012 and F47132 are very similar to F4011Z...)

We use these two programs to import and change sales orders in a fashion similar to what you are describing.

Regards,
Steve Landess
Austin, Texas

Back