Batch posted (R09801) out of balance

Abner_

Batch Override is disabled from workbench security and all batches need to balance in order to post. PDF R09801 also confirms that Post Out of Balance is set to 'N' but JDE allowed posting of a batch that was out of balance. Batch was posted with a difference of $478.09. There was no AE for PV voucher # 28059152. JDE post program did not create the AP Trade entry.

Kindly review and advise if anyone is aware of what caused this and what can be done to prevent it from happening in the future.

Abner,

Did the user who posted the batch have access to all the business units and accounts? I have had to fix problems caused by a user posting a batch and not having access (workbench MCU row security) to some of the business units (cost centres) involved resulting in a batch that has been posted out of balance. I was surprised that the post UBE R09801 allowed that to happen, but it did. This has happened a number of times. Probably the best way to prevent it (if this was the cause of your problem) would be to modify the R09801 so that it checked access to all the business units and accounts (including those retrieved via AAIs).

PeterBruce, thank you for your reply.

Yes, the user does have the correct access from workbench security. Oracle claimed that the issue can be caused by a power failure but that was that issue here. What I have noticed so far and may be what caused the issue is that an APUSER was still working on the batch when an APMGR decided to revised the batch header from In Use to Pending status and then and posted the batch while the APUSER was still doing entries in the batch.

Have anyone had this issue in the past?

Abner,

What you describe as the cause may be possible, but the timing would have to be precise. The post process would have had to start while the batch was in balance, then another line would have been entered and picked up and posted. Are there any unposted lines in the batch?

That is correct, the PV voucher # 28059152 did not post but everything else did. We are logging this as an incident and considering removing the option to revise batch header from users with access to post R09801. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Back