BarCode printing UCC/EAN-128

JanOW

Hi list. In order to print barcodes from within OW we purchased a number of TTF fonts that will allow us to print the barcodes on PS printers. One of the barcode types we need is UCC/EAN-128. This is a very specific barcode type with information arranged in a specific order. It also requires special start and stop characters, and the computing of 2 check digits based on the data. Has anyone out there ever used this barcode in OW, or does anyone know of a BSFN or algorithm that can be used to compute the check digits and/or determine the Code128 subsets/start characters ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

JanOW OW B7334 SP22 E_1 Oracle 9i

Hello Jan,

We use the EAN128 Barcode and use a NER BSFN CreateBarcode128 to create it. Attached you'll find the two NER in this BSFN. Although it'might not be exactly what you are looking for it should point you in the right direction.

Attachments

• 73294-CalculateEAN128Checksum.txt
    14 KB · Views: 342
Hello WBrink. Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful indeed. In the mean time I figured out how to compute the check digit, but I'm struggling with the special characters. For instance, my C BSFN prints out the value 2 for ASCII value 50 OK, but for ASCII value 21 it should print §, but I get blanks here instead. I guess this is where you introduced a UDC (55/BC). Are all special characters stored in this table ? Is there an alternative in C language on printing special characters ?
The second issue I'm dealing with is the change of subset characters in 1 data string. For instance, starting of with subset A and switching to subset C in the middle. What is the rule for choosing a particular subset and switching from one ? Hope you can help me with these questions. TIA.

JanOW OW B7334 SP22 E_1 Oracle 9i

I am posting on behalf of one of our Developers. He wishes to say
"EnterpriseOne will not calculate the UPC check digit. There are several Web sites that can do this. One such site is:
WWW.UC-COUNCIL.ORG/CHECKDIG.HTM.
Also see PeopleSoft/ JDE document # ODS-01-0044 on Knowledge Garden."

Hello Cassh1. Thanks for the reply. You're right to say that OW doesn't calculate the check digit. But of course that doesn't mean that we can't build a custom function that can calculate this check digit... As explained above this is not so difficult at all.
The problem I'm facing right now is that my check digit represents a character. I need to print this character on my report in order to generate a readable barcode. I'm looking for a way to print these special characters in OW.
Regards,

JanOW OW 7334 SP22 E_1 Oracle 9i

Jan,

I'm sorry for the late reply. But I can't really help you on the special character in C (not my forte). In the UDC's are indeed all the special characters. We have no trouble printing them on our Pick Slip. We only use EAN 128 so we don't change our characterset.. Probably the wrong answer since I don't really get your point..

Good Luck.

i am using this barcode printer to generte and print all kinds of barcode. including ENA Code128. 20 most common used linear and 2D barcodes are all printed and created by this software. here is some sample codes on EAN barcodes creating

[ QUOTE ]
i am using this barcode printer to generte and print all kinds of barcode. including ENA Code128. 20 most common used linear and 2D barcodes are all printed and created by this software. here is some sample codes on EAN barcodes creating

[/ QUOTE ]
thanx for your sharing , i've tried it ,not bad

Back