Barcode appears in RDA but not printing in PDF on Xe

beckyfok

We are running Xe in double-byte enable. I have set the fields in my report to use the BC C39 3 to 1 Medium font and was able to see the barcode font in the report design. However the report output in PDF for the affected fields did not appear as barcode fonts.

Checked the case is stated in Oracle article [ID 651309.1] or Solution ID 201027338 for LocalCodeSet in the jde.ini is set to SC_GB (Simplified Chinese) or some other double byte language setting instead of WE_ISO88591(non doublebyte language).

Is there anyone having other workaround or solution to get barcode print in doublebyte enable Xe?

Welcome to The List beckyfok,
Some details may help:
1. Do you run the report locally (or on the server)?
2. Did you change the jde.ini as suggested, and the report is STILL not printing as expected?

hi Adrian, tried on fat client and submitted to local. if changed the localcodeset in jde.ini and run the report, can print barcode on PDF but if change back, then barcode printed as normal font type.

hi Larry, problem not on particular machine and tested on 1 fat client as notes above.

The issue I encountered is only on Xe and fixed in 8.9 onwards. So want to anyone on Xe in double-byte env that has other workaround.

In Xe, when running a double-byte env, you only get data in the font from the report font override table in P98980, no other fonts will work in Xe doublebyte.

Back