Barcode and Print Immediate

Emiliano

Dear All,

I have a serious problem that I'm not able to solve in any way. I cannot print barcode using the "Print Immediate" option to an HP Printer (LaserJet 2300).
I'm running OneWorld B7334 SP 22.

I followed the instruction in according to the document "How to print bar codes within OneWorld" which it says:

1) Download the font to the PCL Printer
3) Execute the printer test to get the ESC string
2) Set up the barcode in GH9013, "Bar Code Support"

So, I downloaded demo fonts from www.idautomation.com and I copied the FONT to the printer in this way:

copy /B c70D.txt +H39S12.SFP +c5F.txt +data.txt \\ica-ps\ss01l69

as I saw in the document http://www.idautomation.com/kb/fonts-pcl.html

Then I got the ESC string from the printer TEST and it is:

<esc>(19<esc>(s0p6.25h12.0v0s0b24112T

then, as specified in the document above (How to print bar codes within OneWorld), I took only the specified information:

"The part between the initial «Esc»( and the next «Esc» is the Symbol Set ID."

"The part after v0s and before the T at the end of the string is the Printer Font Name."

Hence, in the GH9013, "Bar Code Support", I set up the following information:

Printer Name: \\ica-ps\ss01l69
Printer Define Language: *JDE PCL
True Type Font Name: IDAutomation.comCode39
Printer Font Name: 0b24112
Symbol Set ID: 19U

If I understood well the document, when I submit a JOB with the "Print Immediate" option, JDE substitutes the True Type Font Name (IDAutomation.comCode39)

with the Printer Font Name (0b24112) and it sends the information to the PCL printer which prints the right barcode.

This is what I understood from the document but until now what I can print is just "!300000211!"

I opened an incident weeks ago on the peoplesoft support site but they didn't give me a solution up to now.

Thanks to all guys which could help me to solve this annoying problem.

Emiliano

Attachments

• 115173-oti-01-0094.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 129
I can't answer this specific question but I might be able to give you a couple pointers.

After you do the print immed. open the same PDF with a text editor (IE notepad) and search the PDF for "font". You should be able to read in plain text what font the PDF is telling the printer to use.

If the font is the printer barcode font, then the issue is somewhere in your printer setup.

If the font is the standard Code39, then OW isn't picking up the font change in your Bar Code setup. If this is the case I'd then run the job again with debug turned on to see why it isn't changing the bar code name.

We weren't real happy with the bar coding in OW so we do it a little differently. For a PDF form we're using createform, if we want just single 2x4 inch bar codes where using Zebra bar code printers and passing the barcode to the printers using the BSFN "call external program" and calling "barcode.exe 123456". (there are many barcode.exe's on the web, we ended up making our own via vb6 so each user could have a different printer, but same concept).

Sorry I couldn't shed more light on the subject.

had similar problem, fixed by using Postscript drivers on print server and setup as a postscript printer in JDE, as well as loading the Font on the Print Server itself

Back