Bank Reconciliation!

Report_Writer

Hi friends,

I am working on a bank reconciliation integration and I have a question to you regarding it. Do you think F095051 format will be good to be processed in to JDE, if the comma seperated flat file from the bank has Account ID,Payment number,Explanation,Amount and Payment date information? Can anyone who has done this before give me a sample file format from the bank?

Regards
RW
8.12, Oracle 10g

Per standard documentation, you can upload the bank data to the F095051 as is by any mean, then you have to build your own Table Conversion report that reads recorcds and append them to F09505.
The F095051 is one feild so you will create a TC report and make F095051 as input and format this feild into corresponding 5 feilds as in F09505(splitting will be done using the delimeter. ex ";").
Note:
-Standard Banking Reconciliation supports Payment Checks ONLY and doesn't support other transaction types like A/R for instance.
-You can create a TC that reads from the bank text file and upload to F09505 directly.
-Read the business documentation General Accounting reconciliation part.

I guess I should be reconciling only the records with the BAI code representing 'Check Payment', when running the reconciliation process. Can anybody please confirm?
The other available BAI codes I received from the Bank are for 'Check Deposit','Deposited Item Return','Return Item' etc.

Thanks
RW
JDE 8.12, Oracle 10g

Hi

The F09505 reconciliation process was written by Edwards years ago and was subsequently superceeded by F0916 and F0917.

I havent looked at this in years however from memory the F09505 was limited in its functionality (Great at reconciling checks but not good at anything else) however the F0916 and F0917 provided a great leap forward. (Load entire statements - reconciliation of checks / receipts / journals created directly from the rec etc. Plus comprehensive reporting) I have successfully installed this on a number of World and OneWorld sites in the past.

If you are still in the development phase and if you havent already done so I would strongly recommend you review the alternative approach (F0916 / F0917). Documentation used to be in the General Accounting 2 manual.

Regards

Hello, When I get the flat file from the bank, I get credits and debits in 2 different columns. When I write in to F09505 file, Should I assign signs for amounts based on the transactions ( -ve for credits and +ve for debits)?.
Please let me know.
RW

Hi. I looked up F0916 and F0917 tables in General Accounting 2 manual. The transactions need to entered into the system using P09160. If the bank is sending the information in a flat file then how can the information be uploaded to F0916?

Back