Backup Of as400

shine

shine

hi all,
i have a as400 v5r2.+ two integrated windows servers.
Its runnign with Erp 8.0 with DB2.
my problem is i want to take the back of the oneworld directories safely and automatically.
i can shedule the back job in the AS400 from its windows navigator but how i shut downt he data base or this one world service automaticlyy.
when i tried to make a scheduled run of this endnet command its giving some library not found error.
i am sorry i dont hav much knowledge in this field but i have to manage it..
and after of all i ahve some basic questions.
1) in the jde documents they are telling tht before u take the back up should shut downt he data base. in my case is it the database shut down with endnet command.
2) i run the back of oneworld directories and qgpl+qrcl after the endnet +clripc command . i got a error mesg "job holding more than 3000 locks."
3) as much as i know for the entire as400 backup with option 21 will take a 10 hour and IPL of the system too.. what is the proper way to back up with out using any 3 rd party softwares.
pls help.. if any one ned more details pls ask me.
reagrds
shine

shine: Okay, to take down oneworld, you need to add the Oneworld system library: ADDLIBLE LIB(B7334SYS). Then you can run endnet and clripc. That will end the Oneworld subsystems. Now as far as the locking problem, that occurs when you run a save while active and specify *synclib. This will attempt to lock all objects and as you know, oneworld libraries can contain thousands of objects. If you shut down Oneworld, you don't need to run save while active as no Oneworld data is changing. Just run a regular savlib and save all your libraries normally. If you cannot take Oneworld down, then i suggest running savchgobj with sav while active set to *synclib, this should minimize locks to only changed objects. Then on fridays or weekends you can shut down Onworld and run full saves then.

Still some quries

thanks for the replay david.
its fine i am taking the full system backup on weekends.
one the other days iam doing currently, is
select the one world lib through the iseries navigatorbackup scheduler and sheduling the backup through it only( not using any command.) and its working fine expect tht locking problem.
i wanted to know can i use the endnet command scheduled with "addjodscde" of as400.
i tried but it giving an error of command not found in *lib .
then i put b7334sys/endnet. then there was an error endnettcpp not found inthe lib .
any inputs ?

Re: Still some quries

yeeehaaaaaa
oky i got u r point david.
i added the b7334sys to the qsecofr lib list and the scheduled service stop worked.
and now i have the problem abt this locking with backup.
is any option to remove this synlib option when i am scheduling the backup through iseries navigator.
i am saving all the oneworld lib s and the QGPL+QCTL.
and one more doubt is is this error(jobholding somany locks)means tht the backup is done properly or not.?
very thnks for u r help.

fnally got soem infoo

MESSAGE CPI1466
http://www.as400network.com/nwn/story.cfm?ID=7600

Q. Why do I sometimes see message CPI1466 -- "Job holds large number of locks" -- in my job log during save operations?

A. Message CPI1466, which sometimes appears in the job log during save operations, is sent to message queue QSYSOPR and to the history log (QHST) when a specific job obtains a suspiciously large number of locks. This message is meant to draw your attention to any application that holds a large number of locks so you don't overlook any of them. A typical save operation obtains and releases many locks as it processes objects, so it's not unusual to see message CPI1466 at this time. During save operations, you don't need to take any action when you see message CPI1466.

The number of locks required to trigger message CPI1466 is release-dependent, so you may see it at one release but no longer see it after you upgrade. Sometimes message CPI1466 will appear every time a save is run except the first time after an IPL. This is because after an IPL, objects have been paged out to disk, which slows the preprocessing on the next save because the objects must be brought back into memory. Therefore, the system won't hold as many locks.

Back