• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Background color change - different behavior in 9.2.2.5

JMast

Reputable Poster
Hello All,

We changed the background color in TR 9.2.1.4 by replacing a color in c$\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EnterpriseOne\servers\JDE92PY_PY_80\stage\JDE92PY_PY_80\app\webclient.war\share\css\webclient.css.

This worked just fine. We have ugraded to 9.2.2.5 and every time the JVM is restarted, it reverts to the base color.
Am I correct in needing to edit the webclient.css in the C:\jde_home_1\SCFHA\targets\JDE92PY_PY_80owl_deployment\webclient.ear\app\webclient.war\share\css directory instead?

Is there a better place/way to change the background color in newer tools? We don't really need to do logos or banners, we are more interested in just a simple color change on all forms so users don't do PD work in PY or vice versa.

Thanks for the advice,

Jer

DEA

Try editing the file in jde_home. I had a similar issue switching files out for DR and it turned out the application copied the files from jde_home everytime I restarted.

go to the following directory:

c$\Oracle
\SMAgent\SCFHA\targets\JDE92PY_PY_80\owl_deployment\webclient.ear\app\webclient.war\share\css

and paste the new webclient.css there and bingo! problem solved. I've had the same issue last week and this is how I solved it.

Note: don't forget to keep a backup copy of the old webclient.css file.

JMast

Reputable Poster
DEA,

Thank you for the response. Copying the files every time also explains why it takes longer for the JVM to start up.