Avoiding F00950 security

wadie

Well Known Member
Hi list,

I'm working on a Position/Requisition program and I was asked to design it this way that a position in UK can replace a position in France. The problem is that, due to restricitions, UK people can't see the list of positions in France and thus can't select it.

This wasn't a real problem since my analyst believed that they would know the position number anyway.

The pickle in this situation is that we are currently performing a check on the field to see whether it's an exisiting position or not (since one can't replace a non-existing position)
But because of security in F00950 the check can't find the position either.

Is there a way to avoid the security in F00950? Do a select with a different user,... ? I don't think anything will be changed in the security records of F00950 so I am looking for another way.
I've been looking around but everything I try depends on the user I'm using and that's the part that doesn't get clearance

Well, that's your company?s security policy. Contravening it programmatically would be inappropriate, in my opinion. Everything is possible, to be sure, but not everything is beneficial.

You would be best served by requesting a change in the security restriction and then writing the program to operate within that framework.

If revising security is not an option or does not solve the issue (this would indeed be the best solution, as suggested in other posts!), the following might apply:

You could populate an alternate table with the part of the information the users have access to.
Create a batch report that would empty the table and re-create it on a regular basis -- OR -- a trigger on the original table that appends/delete records in the search table.
Create a find/browse application based on that
Possibly modify the original application to use this search/select
etc...

Thanks all for your help.

I've passed your thoughts to the analysts... Lets hope they agree on a solution ;)

Can you please tell me how can I call this ( Exclusive Application Security ) in a UBE? Is this sort of a business function?

Back