Autosignatures vanishing again!

Krofire.com

Krofire.com

Reputable Poster
I reference to my earlier Post concerning the fact that Auto-signatures appear to be vanishing from post.... Well it is happening again. When I see the post in Preview the autosignature is there but if I was to submit it and then go back into the forum to review it.... Its gone!

I noticed it today in one of the OneWorld Technical Forums. Let's check this one... (Manual insert of auto-signature follows... lets see what happens..)

Mark Brown
Krofire Enterprises Ltd
[email protected] (manual)

PS... Yes, it doesn't work here either! It seems to be a problem across all the forums now.

We are taking care of it mark ! we will keep you inform.

Christian Audet

Mark,

Your problem seems to come from your profile where the option to display signature was not check.
Try it back.

Christian

I have looked around the Control Panel and I can find no such Option. Can you please tell me how to navigate to it and what it looks like/is called?

If you are right, it leads to one of two conclusions: either someone else is messing with my profile, OR, JDEList has added new functionality and didn't let us know?

It called "Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts?
" under the display preference of the control panel

Christian Audet

Thanks... I found it but it was already checked as "yes". Why would it be set to "no" if I didn't do it? Spooky. I will reply to a few posts and see if anything has changed....

I have posted a reply to a thread this morning and the autosignature does now appear. There is no explanation for its sudden disappearence as I certainly have not changed any of my settings!

We'll just need to keep an eye on these things... Thanks Christian.

Back