Automatically Display PDF On Web

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

I have a request to automatically run a UBE to print the receipt when the OK button is clicked when a receipt is entered (modifying the standard P03B102). I have done everything and it all works, except the display of the PDF. I have used the code from P986110B, including the calls of the "F986110 DS OVERRIDE" business function. The URL is executed using the "Run Executable" system function.

At this point in time I have only tested on the development/admin client using its web functionality.

Interestingly, I have had the P986110B application running at the same time. When I click OK on receipt entry and the screen says the PDF is not found, I click find in P986110B and nothing is returned. However if I exit P986110B and double click the server again to enter P986110B, then refresh the pdf window, it appears correctly.

I have tried running the code to display the PDF in Post Button Click event on the OK button on the receipt entry form, where the UBE is called and I retrieve the job number successfully using table IO for business view V986110B. I have moved the code to a hidden push button on the same form and then to a separate form within the app and finally to a separate app - all have the same results.

I have searched JDEList and can't find what I need. Though I may have missed something.

Any help/ideas would be very much appreciated.

JDEList,

Well colour me embarrassed
blush.gif
. I found out the reason that the PDF was not found. The second call to the "F986110 DS OVERRIDE" business function to reset it was happeing before the url was being called as it happens asynchronously. So the PDF was being accessed via SY811.F986110 instead of the SVM811.F986110. Once I disable the second call to the "F986110 DS OVERRIDE" business function everything work as it should.

Back