automatic receipts "Known Invoice Match With Amount" not working

thomasdk

automatic receipts \"Known Invoice Match With Amount\" not working

Hi Forum

We receive an error when we try to match invoices with payments using the algorithm R03B50D "Known Invoice Match With Amount".

The error message is found on the PDF, there are no logs generated. The message is:
"*** Known Invoice Match With Amount Version XJDE0001 was unsuccessful due to setup issues."

What are the setup issues that I am missing?

The other less particular matching methods work fine (at least that's the case for R03B50A).

Our version of JDE is 7.3.3.3.

Hope you can help.

Best regards
Thomas

Re: automatic receipts \"Known Invoice Match With Amount\" not working

Wow this tweaked a very faint memory for me. I was asked to switch our setup from R03B50A (Invoice Selection Match) to R03B50D (Known Invoice Match With Amount) since we have customers with recurring invoices of the same amount and sometimes they would pay them out of order.
I set up the process with R03B50D and thrashed around for ages trying to get it to match correctly and I got plenty of the message you mentioned.
Looking back at my notes, the things that seemed to make it work were:
1) in the F03B13Z1 table the RUCKAM field was populated, but the RUAG was zero. We needed to put the receipt amount in both.
2) In the end the R03B50D seemed to only work if it ran locally (fat client). I still have it configured this way and there may be some way to get it working on the batch server but I never figured it out.

Also after I did get it matching correctly we ran into a glitch where the receipt was less than the invoice. In the processing options for R03B50D you have the option of Chargeback or Deduction (not partially pay). I started with Chargeback but A/R did not like that so I switched it to Deduction. But the deduction amount was not available for matching (with subsequent payments) until I figured out that someone has to go in and "process" it to make it available to pay. I can't recall exactly where this is but I found it in the JDE documentation.
We're on ERP 8.0, and were on SP 23 when I did this - hopefully this will help.

Doug

Doug
Thank you very much. I will try out your solutions. The fat client is not going to work well for us, however, as we have very few of those available. They are used in other cases of interfacing, however.
I will update later on.
Thomas

Use AR Deduction Processing (P03B40) to close deductions. Your users can perform the following activities on deductions: <ul type="square"> [*]Request Additional Information [*]Write Off the Deduction [*]Create a Chargeback [*]Create an Unearned Discount [*]Apply a Credit Memo to the Deduction [*]Reverse the Deduction [*]Void the Deduction [/list] The following actions create a document to which your users can apply cash: <ul type="square"> [*]Create a Chargeback [*]Reverse the Deduction [*]Void the Deduction [/list]Please note that one deduction can have multiple activities against it to completely close it out.

Brad
Thanks for your input. We'll be needing that very soon hopefully.

I have experimented with the fat client, but without success. I still get the same error message in the report (pdf) output. There seem to be no other messages.

I still have not run it in debug mode, however, but that seems to the only thing I have not tried yet.

I have created an execution list with only a single algorithm in it, the default R03B50D, but maybe that is not correct. There could of course be references to system setup in the processing options...

Then I create an electronic receipt using the OneWorld program P03B123 (to emulate the import scenario).

Next I "Update the Receipt register" (R03B551, XJDE0001). This is run with the "override location" option checked.

Finally, I "Apply the receipts" (R03B50 XJDE0001) which launches the apply invoice with known amount algorithm job R03B50D. This is run with the "override location" option checked. This is the step that fails.

I have been careful to fill out the needed fields.

Maybe it is a mistake to run the R03B50 job. Could I just run the R03B50D job directly? I'll try that. That may be what Doug meant.

Thanks

Just an update
It is still not working. I get the same error messages. Currently I am experimenting with running the matching jobs from the fat client, but not having any success yet.

Hi,
Oops!! Sorry to take so long to get back to this, but I just checked the execution list for R03B50 and it turns out that I am using R03B50E (known invoice match without amount), not R03B50D. My dim recollections tell me that I did not get R03B50D working correctly and settled on R03B50E since we apply the whole payment to the selected invoice anyway.
My apologies for pointing you in the wrong direction - I did not get R03B50D working correctly. Otherwise the note about filling in the amount in both places and running it locally were necessary in our case.
-Doug

I finally got it working. the course of action that solved it for me was to be very meticulous about the values of the Processing Options as well as the values in the Z-table.

I also followed all of Dougs advice.

Thank you for your help.

Back