Attachments for Address Book

bluecheese

We are using JD Edwards XE - SP13

We had a bad enterprise server crash and I've been picking up the pieces and trying to get back to some sense of normal. In our address book revisions (P01012) we use to be able to go to attachments (Row, attachments) and create multiple text boxes. Since the system crash we only have one text box. When you go to File, New - the text option is greyed out. Any ideas on how I can get back the ability to enter multiple text boxes?

Thanks,
Susannah

Hi Susannah,

Bummer - it sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

In Xe, the first text attachment is stored in the F00165, but all additional text attachments (as well as OLE, Image, and most other attachment types) are stored as files on an external server, with only a pointer in the F00165. In Xe, by default these files are stored on the deployment server in the \\<deploymentserver>\B7333\MEDIAOBJ\TEXT folder.

When the path is not available to JDE, the first text attachment can be created or edited, but the additional attachments will be unavailable (and actually appear to be missing).

Check out P98MOQUE for the list of queues and their locations, and make sure that the path listed for Queue Name 'Text' is available. My guess is that either the server name has changed, or something happened to the folder, or the Queue Paths have been lost.

For additional information, check out Solution ID 200820442 in Customer Connection. This document gives information about moving media attachments to a different location, but it gives a bit of information about how these documents are stored as well.

Good Luck!

Kelly

Back