Attachments auto text insertion

JohnEcc

Our users toggle between OneWorld Xe and a third party CRM. When in the CRM, they right mouse click which results in the date, time, and UserID being auto inserted into the text box. In OneWorld we make heavy use of attachments in SOP to record customer comments re credit requests, delivery issues, product quality issues - all the history our people need to know about in order to authorise a credit. Users are asking if they can have similar functionality in OneWorld as often staff neglect to enter in date, time and ID as the first step in entering text in the attachment. Its important we know this and the time sequence of customer and other interactions pertaining to the transaction. Right mouse click, function key perhaps?
Appreciate any advice on whether possible.
rgds

John,

I believe that what you want is possible, but it would mean modifying all the applications where you want this functionality. I can't think of any other way around it. I don't think a trigger will work. Generally the attachment maintenance is done by System Functions, which cannot be modified. If you have a test/development pathcode, you could choose an appropriate application and look at the ER yourself.

John,
There is a function available on 8.10 to insert a date and time stamp in the media object. I could not recollect the name but can give it to you if you cannot find it.
I am not sure if its available in Xe else you might have to make one custom function which can insert/append this text before you dump the new content

Chan

Back