Asset master item change not updating KITL in F1201

EDSomers

EDSomers

I am changing the item number on as asset in P1201. When I drill into the F1201 table, the short item number (ITM) reflects the change, but the long item number (KITL) does not.

I have tried this using P1702, and achieved the same results. I also tested this in our pristine environment, and the error reproduced again.

I searched the Oracle knowledge base, and also Googled the issue, but could not find any documentation related to this issue. I also searched this forum's index, again with no result.

Can anyone point me to a white paper or discussion on this topic, which may help me resolve the issue?

Thanks for your consideration.

Eric.

may be you mean uitm this must changed form p1201 in section "asset information" in "Inventory Number".
and kitl in p1201 in section "additional info" in "Additional Remarks" on (3)third field.
ps. if you clicked by mouse on this field and put in "f1" you can read field name.

Thanks for the reply.

I was mistaken in my original post. The short item number in F1201 is FAKIT, not FAITM.

The issue we are experiencing is that, if we change the item number of the asset (which on the screen is field UITM) the FAKIT field value is updated in the F1201, but the FAKITL field value still reflects the original item number.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
E.

Good morning,

We are still experiencing this issue, and have not found a solution through our research of the available documentation.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, developed a solution?

Thank you,
Eric.

Back