ASOF Processing(Inventory)

apickard

We are starting to research and possibley use this. But by reading the white-paper I am not sure it is what we need. Looking for anyone who has experience/comments on this.

We are beginning to use the "As Of" functionality as well. It looks reasonable to me, with the balances being pretty accurate. So far we have "posted" everything to the "As Of" file and are maintaining this on a nightly basis via an overnight job. There are a few things you need to understand about it.

Basically if you work off menu G4122 and perform the following tasks. Run R41542. Make sure that the processing option for the Regeneration option has a 1 in it. This will delete all records in the F41112 file no matter what your data selection is. We had a problem with this due to not having enough rollback segment space. The ube issues a "Delete from F41112" which will try to delete everything in one go. If the database fails to do this, then the delete is rolled back but the ube continues to try and update the file. Basically you end up with a mess. To get around this (if there is already a lot of data in this file), get your dba to truncate the file or regenerate it through the tool set before you start. This ube goes through the cardex and writes balance records (according to G/L date) into period buckets on the F41112 File. It flags the transaction on the cardex to show that has been posted. In the cardex there are some records that may not have a G/L date. Sales orders that have been ship confirmed, but not sales updated are bypassed by this program. The update only occurs once the ship confirm record in F4111 has been replaced by the sales update record. Depending on the number of cardex records you have, this job may take a while to run. In our case it took approximately 16 hours to process 3 million records. It is a one off though.

After you have run this, then run R41548. This ube finds items which still have stock on hand, but where there have been no transactions in the current fiscal year. It will create balance records for them in the current fiscal year so that the as of file lines up with the F41021.

You will then need to maintain the update to F41112 on a periodic basis. You will need another version of R41542. Make sure that the regenerate option in the processing option is blank so that it only picks up records that have not been posted.

The as of reports which JDE provide are not that flash, so we are writing reports which will suit us.

The only other thing that I can think of which will affect the success of this is how accurate is your cardex. In early versions of OneWorld, there were problems where the cardex records were not always written. If your cardex is accurate, then no problem, but if you are missing any records then it will never be able to get it correct unless you fix the cardex first. Good luck.

Marty

Thanks for the info! Between your response and JDE white-paper I believe we understand the process. Thanks again.

Back