AS400 SM Agent does not show in SM Console

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,

I added an AS400 ES to an existing E900 installation. I installed the SM agent to it, but it does not show in the console. I have another previously installed As400 with same V6R0 OS that does show.

I added the involved programs and port numbers to the Windows 2008 (SM Console) firewall, even turned it off all together. Still, I do not see my new AS400 in the console.

Ping works with full domain name as well as simple hostname. And yes, the agent is running.

Any ideas? Thanks, Gerd

Hey Gerd, hope all is well with you.

When you installed the agent on the '400' did you have enough 'object authority' with the profile you used? I know in previous tools releases (and I mean quite some time ago) they required the agent to be started by the same OS/400 user profile that installed the agent. Not sure if that’s still is true on the more current tools releases. So, you might want to try that if you have not already. Might also try 'rebooting' the DS or whatever 'box' on which SM is installed. Lastly, couldn't tell for sure from you post but I'm assuming you used SM to install the newly added '400' enterprise server of which you don’t see in SM?

Michael

Hey Michael ( I am fine, thanks for asking )

It´s a bit complicated. Lets call the AS in question B001. It has B9 running in production. I was unable to install SM on it, so we "moved" the upgrade to E900 temporarily to B003. On B003 the SM installed ok, TC ran ok, etc.

In the mean time B001 was upgraded from V5R4 to V6R0. Now I am back on B001, I installed the SM without any problem, there are no errors in the logs, I can see in the config-files that it is pointing to the correct console server (yes, it the Deployment Server), port number, etc.

Shouldn´t B001's name pop up on my SM console screen?

Gerd

Morning Gerd, Not entirely sure I understand exactly your situation. I’m assuming that you now have the 400 agent’s installed successfully on both your 400’s and the issue is that you see B003 as a Managed Home in SM but not B001. Is that the issue? If B001 doesn’t appear as a Managed Home location in SM then you need to manually install same in SM.

Congrats on being done with the TC’s. As of yesterday I just finished seven OS/400 upgrades to i7.1. Finally, now back to J.D. Edwards.

Michael

Would you mind posting the server agent and console logs? The server agent logs may show us something.

Max

Well, the logs don´t say anything useful with regards to my problem.
But I fixed it anyway.
While I worked on B003, the SM console was upgraded. The SEPUP.JAR I still had on B001 was a slightly older version. I copied a new SETUP.JAR to my B001 machine, installed it and voilá, everything worked.

I kind of have to agree with Jon´s rant the other day in another thread. Lately supposedly simple tasks tend to be difficult, annoying.

Anyway, it´s Friday, I got a problem solved, things look better now.

Thanks, Gerd

Back