XE Archival solution for JDE

Govind Srinivasan

Hello Members

Posting this to check if any of the members have implemented an archival solution for JDE. The client is retiring multiple versions of JDE (World, Xe, E1 8.12 and 9.2). They want the following features:

a). The ability to store around 15 years of data. This includes media objects

b). The ability to provide a reliable system where is data is secure and not susceptible to crashes and data loss

c). The ability to run reports on past data and generate outputs.

d). The ability to retrieve media objects linked to transactions for audit purposes.

Any suggestions would really help

Govind

Old World, Xe and 8.12 data sits on computers that are very old. I would first start a project to convert all of that data up to the 9.2 version so you can use the newest hardware to start your archival project. Then I would invite ArcTools or Klik-IT to show you their tools for archiving the data.

Hello Members

Posting this to check if any of the members have implemented an archival solution for JDE. The client is retiring multiple versions of JDE (World, Xe, E1 8.12 and 9.2). They want the following features:

a). The ability to store around 15 years of data. This includes media objects

b). The ability to provide a reliable system where is data is secure and not susceptible to crashes and data loss

c). The ability to run reports on past data and generate outputs.

d). The ability to retrieve media objects linked to transactions for audit purposes.

Any suggestions would really help

Govind
RUN ALL THE INTEGRITY REPORTS!
THEN GET YOUR SQL IN ORDER.....
IT WILL TAKE YOU QUITE A WHILE TO DO BUT THE SPACE AND SPEED GAINS WILL BE WELL WORTH IT.
WE RECENTLY RETIRED 7 YEARS OF DATA SAVING A TOTAL OF OVER 600 GIGS AND INCREASING SPEEDS FROM 90+ SECONDS ON SEARCHES DOWN TO 7 SECONDS!!
BEST OF LUCK....JUST TAKE IT SLOW AND CAREFULLY.

We are currently implementing Essentio. I looked at Purge-IT and Arctools as well, but settled on Essentio. We made the decision based on process, technical foundation, infrastructure requirements, and finally price point.

Back