AR Receipt - How Do we Reverse a Logged Cash Entry

HydroOttawa

HydroOttawa

AR entered a batch through speed entry. One line in the batch was voided - an entry for which there is no customer invoice but one that was applied directly to the GL (a work order). The batch went into error and when we looked at the data it appears as if the user had several windows open at the same time - the entries in the F03B13 and F03B14 were a mess. We fixed the batches and managed to post them.

The batch created GL entries for the void line - one for Logged Cash and the offsetting entry for the bank account.

We are trying to reverse these entries through AR. I think the user should have deleted the entry instead of voiding it. We thought that we could unflag the F03B13 and F03B14 records to 'unvoid' them and then re-open the batch and re-void the line.

We get an empty batch - I think because of the nature of the transaction - no invoice, no customer.

I can see from the AR documentation that a void marks the F03B13 record, creates a Batch Control record in F0011, and creates a new record in the F03B14 record for the new batch. Since we don't having any invoice or customer details in the original F03B14 record the 'Void' row exit is grayed out when we try to void this transaction.

Is there some way to generate a reversal on the logged cash entry and offsetting bank account entry on this type of transaction?

Back