Approval routes

Kenobi

Hi - I presume E1 is the same as World, in that if you have to enter PO's on approval routes other than your default route, you need to have the route hard-coded in processing option of the versions on the menu?

Cheers

It depends on the processing options of your P4310 version. If the Route Code option is set to 4 - Default Location, the approval route will be retrieved from the user record in P400951. If you have the Route Code option set to 3 - Branch/Plant, you may enter any branch/plant (that you have security to) in the PO header, and the route will be retrieved from the BP Constants P41001. This option offers more flexibility.

There is not a way, that I am aware of, to hard-code an approval route in the P4310 processing options, without customization.

Hi Kenobi,
Try entering the routing code in your version of P4310's processing option and let me know.

Cheers

Where would he do that? The Approvals tab in the P4310 processing options does not allow you to enter a specific route code.

Select Tab:

1. Route Code
Blank = Do not perform
1 = Originator's address
2 = Originator's user profile
3 = Branch/Plant
4 = Default location
Visual Assist (F2)

2. Awaiting Approval Status
Visual Assist (F2)

3. Approved Status
Visual Assist (F2)

4. Reapprove Changed Lines
Blank = Do not reapprove
1 = Reapprove on change to any field
2 = Reapprove on change to user-activated critical fields only
3 = Reapprove on change to standard critical fields only

Visual Assist (F2)

5. Approval Hold Code

Visual Assist (F2)

As a workaround to avoid a customization, you could establish a version containing a Hold Code that identifies POs that will require an approval route change by a designated user(s) before issuance.

You just type the override code in the first processing option (i.e. the actual route code instead of values 1-4)
Aarto

On the first Processing Option - "Route Code"..., just enter the approval route code (instead of options 1,2,3 or 4) that you want the PO to be routed through.

Cheers.

Where would he do that? The Approvals tab in the P4310 processing options does not allow you to enter a specific route code.

Select Tab:

1. Route Code
Blank = Do not perform
1 = Originator's address
2 = Originator's user profile
3 = Branch/Plant
4 = Default location
Visual Assist (F2)

2. Awaiting Approval Status
Visual Assist (F2)

3. Approved Status
Visual Assist (F2)

4. Reapprove Changed Lines
Blank = Do not reapprove
1 = Reapprove on change to any field
2 = Reapprove on change to user-activated critical fields only
3 = Reapprove on change to standard critical fields only

Visual Assist (F2)

5. Approval Hold Code

Visual Assist (F2)

Glad I got in on this discussion, as I hadn't seen that done before but it does work. Thanks to all for the educational moment! :)

Hi, Always a pleasure to collaborate. That is what clients love and respect! Merry Christmas to all!

Al M.

Hi Sarah,
We all are here to contribute, learn..., very purpose of this forum. Happy Holidays.

Back