Application not working in debug mode

kiran4hari

kiran4hari

Well Known Member
Hi,

One of the application i am working on is working fine if i execute it normally, but it is dispalying an error when i execute it in debug mode (with a break point). I have no idea of the error, can any one of you help me.

It displays "[Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the Application using the Event Rule Debugger.Application:p5648001 Event :post Dialog is Initialized"

Part of Jdedebug log,

<font color="red"> Jul 22 10:07:27 ** 3088/6484 RT: >>>Beginning ER: Post Dialog is Initialized App: Form: W5648001B [T:1954 F:C:\b7\system\JDEUSER\jdecgrt\RT_ER.cpp Ln:2977 Lv:LEVEL3]

Jul 22 10:07:27 ** 3088/6484 RT: Couldn't find grid on form[T:1954 F:C:\b7\system\JDEUSER\jdecgrt\RT_RESLV.cpp Ln:151 Lv:LEVEL1]

Jul 22 10:07:27 ** 3088/6484 RT: Pointer for copy unresolved. DSOBJ type 3[T:1954 F:C:\b7\system\JDEUSER\jdecgrt\RT_ASSGN.cpp Ln:208 Lv:LEVEL1]

Jul 22 10:07:27 ** 3088/6484 [Invalid Overwrite or Read] The system may become unstable.Please debug the Application using the Event Rule Debugger.

Application:p5648001 Event :post Dialog is Initialized [T:1954 F:C:\b7\system\JDEUSER\jdedlg\DLG_MSGB.CPP Ln:191 Lv:LEVEL1]
</font>

I am working on XE and Service pack 23.

Please suggest me how to resolve this and let me know if i have to provide some more details.

Thanks,
Hari

This could be because of memory violation. Check if you have any insert statements or BSFN's that used in the "Post Dialog is Initialized" event. If possible, attach your code that you have in "Post Dialog is Initialized" event.
That helps to analyze!!!

This could also mean that there is a problem with the local specs on your machine. Have you made any changes that you haven't checked in? Open up the app in Forms Design Mode and validate the event rules to see if you get any errors. You can also try checking the application out again, or try deleting the glbltbl.ddb, glbltbl.xdb, dddict.ddb, dddict.xdb, ddtext.ddb, and ddtext.xdb files in the spec folder of the machine where you are doing the debugging.

Check if the debugger is OK. Are you able to debug other application if not then probable you have some problem with debugger.
Try to backup and then copy the debugger from some similar fat client and see if it works.
Thanks,

Hi,
The debug works for some applications/reports and not for others, why does this happen?

Could someone help me, thank you

ML

Back