APPL - override display precision on GC to zero places

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I have a GC. The DD item it is based on has a display decimals value of 4. In the APPL the "Display Decimals Overridden" under the Data Dictionary Overrides for the GC is set to 0 by default. It does this (automatically overrides the the display decimal) on all GC by default on my tools release for some reason (didn't do this in Xe). When DD overrides for the decimal display is set to 0 it appears to use the DD item setting (so in reality it is not actually overridden) and displays 4 places when the APPL is run. If I set this to one or any other non-zero value, one decimal place, or what ever I entered, is correctly displayed. If I set it back to zero, it displays what is defined in the DD which is four.

How do I override it to display zero decimal places? Am I going to end up having to write a custom display rule BSFN?

Unless you have to allow QBE on this column I'd just create a new column based on another DD item with zero decimals and populate from the first.

Ugh. Unfortunately QBE is probably required for this column.

BTW, it is shipment weight in the P4915 and the end uses will probably QBE on weight to find a shipment that is less than xxxx lbs., etc.

Never mind. I remembered I had a custom display rule BSFN with all sorts of display formats. Overrode the display rule in the APPL to one of the functions and it works fine. I guess that is what you have to do if you want zero decimal places, use a custom display rule BSFN.

Instead of suppressing decimals to zero you can override display rule to CODE Z(In override option). It has worked in my case.

YES! Have never been able to find a decent solution to this but CODE/Z works perfectly. This is semi undocumented as Z is not in the 98|EC UDC as delivered.

Thanks VERY much!

Hi BOster, So just to be clear.....for the FC field, did you Go To Properties|Overrides Tab|Data Dictionary Overrides|Display Rule|Business Function (radio button) and then enter the Business Function there? If so, would you mind sharing the business function, and if not, would you mind clarifying what you did? I've never had to do this but would like to understand it better....Like is the value automagically passed in and back out of the business function?

Ben Again,

Hi Ganesh and jolly, I have a question for you guys as well. Doesn't this display override only suppress the entire value when ZERO and not set the display decimals to ZERO?

Ben again,

Yes, I specified a custom BSFN for the display rule (See attached). You have to be a little careful with some of these custom displays, especially for data entry fields. Read only forms (search and select, find browse, etc.) it works pretty good, but it can sometimes cause issues with data entry.

Attachments

• 187480-b5800012.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 65
Back