App no updated with changes - local webserver

EarlWalker

I'm developing a custom app - a work with form - easy stuff.

Normally, I make a change, save, Run HTML to see the change.

Yesterday, the web page was no longer picking up the changes - no matter what I did in FDA i.e. added static text, added a button. I then changed come ER code and debugged the app. I could see the new er code but it executed the old er code.

I tested with std app P4915 - fail.

I tried OMW|RowExit|Generate HTML - fail.

If it was E9.0 I would purge the local SQLSERVER F989998 and F989999 tables. In E92 these are now stored in a encrypted oracle db which I can't easily get at.

Workaround:
So, I wrote a little bsfn to purge these 2 tables from 'LOCAL - DV920 SPECS' and they empty ok. However i have to logout/login for JDE to regen the app specs correctly for the web server to pick up.

Any suggestions?

Earl

E92
Tools 9.2.1.0
Weblogic 12.1.3.0.0

ok - I'm starting to think it may be a spec corruption somehow. Did a 'get' of the app on a different flat client and it messed that client up as well.

The investigation continues.

Earl,

I do not have a solution for this, but I have also seen this happen on apps 9.2/tools 9.2.0.x. My work around was to regenerate the serialized objects tables in Local - DV920 every time I made a change. Huge pain!

Cheers Paul

We have stumbled on what look like a solution. I'm logging on to JDE with a new user ID! For the last hour it seams to be working as expected.

Now - anybody know why??????

Rauf -

I didn't try that but i did try on a different fat client - fail
Tested by creating a new app - fail
Deleting the usual 6 files - fail
Rebuilding my DD files using R92TAM (grasping at straws..) - fail

I too guess it as a spec corruption issue . Try installing E1local and JDE in ur fatclient and check it again . Its a tedious process, hope it works .

EarlWalker -

The best way is to check the logs. In 8.12, it is there in SAW (Server Administration Workbench). If you get the log, please post it here.

As, Gopal suggested this will also work. But hope we will get the exact issue(usually shown in 'red' text) from the log.

Last edited:
Back