E9.1 API jdeFopen Questions

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Has anyone had success using this with either a Mapped Network Drive and\or a file path containing a UNC path for this API (jdeFopen)?

I'm using the P0457 which calls P0457D to output a file "C:\TestFile.txt". If I run P0457\P0457D locally from my Fat Client, it works fine, I do get a file created in "C:\". If I run this in the DEV or CRP environments, it says "File Created Successfully!", but it's nowhere to be found.

If I give it a UNC path "\\ServerName\ACH\TestFile.txt" it gives a message related to not being able to open the file, this is occurring for locally and server attempts with network mapped drive and UNC path name.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated....

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Last edited:
If you have \\ServerName\ACH set up as a network share on your server (with appropriate security), it should work for you. Similarly, you can set up an ACH share on your Fat Client and use a Processing Option to hold the UNC path for different environments.

I use these quite a bit

Button Clicked
FindFirstFileMatchingWildcard(B9600471.FindFirstFileMatchingWildcard)
VA frm_GenericLongFilePtr_GENLNG [GENLNG] <> hFile [CDHNDL]
FC Path_PTH [PTH] -> szTargetDirectory [CDCPATH]
FC Record for A/P Bank Tape - EnterpriseOne [APTA] <- szFileName [CDCDES]

FindNextFileMatchingWildcard(B9600471.FindNextFileMatchingWildcard)
VA frm_GenericLongFilePtr_GENLNG [GENLNG] <> hFile [CDHNDL]
FC Record for A/P Bank Tape - EnterpriseOne [APTA] <- szFileName [CDCDES]

FetchNextLineFromFlatFile(B76B0220.FetchNextLineFromFlatFile)
FC Path_PTH [PTH] -> szFlatFileName [PTH]
VA frm_GenericLongFilePtr_GENLNG [GENLNG] <> idFilePtr [GENLNG]
FC Record for A/P Bank Tape - EnterpriseOne [APTA] <- szFlatFileRecord [APTA]
"1500" -> mnRecordLength [RECL]

As stated above, if yo map the folder to your server and give the JDE User that connects/runs the code the correct grants etc, works fine

B76B0220 uses jdeFopen

Weird, I had verified all appropriate security and later in the day after testing some of the same functions mentioned in this thread, I tested again using the P04572D and it wrote to the path specified.

Thanks All,
FrankCLT

Back