Apache starts and stops immediately after installing virus checker on JAS server

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We are installing virus checking software (finally) on our JAS servers (Win 2003). And after doing so when I try to start my OAS instance, the HTTP server starts and stops immediately.

I get the following in my OPMN http server log:

10/03/02 16:58:30 Start process--------Syntax error on line 8 of d:/oracleas_10131/apache/apache/conf/mod_oc4j.conf:Invalid command 'Oc4jConnTimeout=1800', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I don't even get a log in ...\apache\apache\logs

Anyone run into anything similar?

E8.12 AS/400 ES, Win 2k3 OAS 10.1.3.1, MacAfee virus software

I'll have to check to be sure, but I think there is no "=" sign in that parameter. It's just "Oc4jConnTimeout 1800".

Ken, I checked our instance that is working and it is formatted the same way (with an =) but is not throwing an error

Tom

We ran into the same issue and found it was a port conflict. The virus software was using the same port as HTTP. Can't remember if it was port 80 or not. We uninstalled the virus software and everthing was okay again after that. We never did try it again on our JAS servers.

Resolved: Apache starts and stops immediately after installing virus checker on JAS server

Ken,

Since I had nothing but time, I took out the '=' that resolved the problem. Now the question is why is the other server working LOL

Thank you very much.

Tom

Back