AP Check Print - Same output, Two Different Trays

w2vijay

w2vijay

Well Known Member
Hello List,

I need to print the AP check BI publisher output on pre-printed check stock of specific printer on tray1 and same copy with minor changes on Tray2 white paper.
Report is R5504572 and version is VK0001. Please let me know your thoughts on how we can do this.

Attachments

• APCHECK.jpg
    APCHECK.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 25
You could combine your two versions together in the same template so that the check prints on page 1, the modified copy for white paper prints on page 2, and repeats that pattern for every check in the batch. I haven't done exactly this, but Oracle mentions a technique that might work for you. You can embed PCL commands in your template to direct each page to the desired tray - assuming your printer supports this. See https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/bi.1111/e22254/create_rtf_tmpl.htm#BIPRD3329
Good luck!

Kim,

Thank you for the reply.
I have reviewed the PCL commands for RTF template output printing. It looks more like positioning of MICR line in the check print.
Did not find commands to print the page1 to Tray1 and Page 2 to Tray2. If you know the commands or there is document with full list of commands please let me know.

My requirement here is. There is Printer with Tray 1 and Tray 2. Tray 1 has pre-printed check stock and Tray 2 with blank white paper
My custom report R5504572 should be able to print on Tray1 and Tray2. The XML source is same.

I am attaching the sample outputs for Tray1 and Tray2.
Please let me know if more details are needed.

Attachments

• PRINT_CHECKSTOCK.jpg
    PRINT_CHECKSTOCK.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PRINT_WHITEPAER.jpg
    PRINT_WHITEPAER.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 18
Is there a reason why the users writing these checks cannot just manually kick off the printing job for each output to the respective tray when checks are needed? Our users control the printing as there is nothing auto printing on its own. What is the business reason for requiring the 2nd output that prints on blank white paper as there may be an alternative to the existing business process?

Gina,

The 1st output that prints on check stock would be given for any supplier/vendor and the 2nd output print on white paper is file copy(office record purpose). AP check is driven from application P04571.

w2vijay,
A very useful manual to have is the Hewlett-Packard PCL5 (see http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpl13210.pdf) - on page 66 it explains the printer tray commands.
Another thing you may want to suggest to your users is to print on a single page, if they don't require a copy of the check itself. My current employer prints on 3-part perforated check stock, with the top third being a stub copy retained by our AP staff. The middle third is the vendor's stub copy and the bottom third is the check proper.

OP,

Your site is using TR9.2 per your signature. So have you tried setting both Direct Printer output and Data-Driven Printer output?

Set up 2 logical printers for the same physical printer. LogPrintA defaults to tray1; LogPrintB defaults to tray2. Then, set up the report def to Direct Print to LogPrintA; and set-up Data-Driven Printer output to use the company field in the XML to also send a copy to LogPrintB - the company field will probably be the same value for all cheques. But if it's different, then use a field that is constant for all cheques.

As Jilteo says, I'm sure you could do this in P98616 etc if the 2 trays are setup as 2 printers

E1: PRINT: Printer Paper Tray Selection Features for PostScript Printers with Tools Release 8.98.3.3 Onwards (Doc ID 1333791.1)

Jileto,

Thank you for the reply.
I think this is some what close solution to the requirement. Using Data Driven Mapping option for Tray 2 print. I want to use different report definition which has some minor changes to be printed to Tray 2(white paper).

Example:
RD5504572_A - Tray 1
RD5504572_B - Tray 2

The problem here is we attach only one RD5504572_A to the report version. How to bring the second report definition print to Tray 2. Or can we use the multiple templates we add to the report definition. See the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• APCheckTemplates.jpg
    APCheckTemplates.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17
As Jilteo says, I'm sure you could do this in P98616 etc if the 2 trays are setup as 2 printers

E1: PRINT: Printer Paper Tray Selection Features for PostScript Printers with Tools Release 8.98.3.3 Onwards (Doc ID 1333791.1)

John,

Thank you for the reply. I will look into the document.

Back