E9.2 AP automation tools

dwolfe

I'm looking for recommendations for AP automation tools. I'm looking for software to capture an invoice image, do some OCR magic to parse out the data, voucher, and have some type of workflow to push exceptions to the correct users for approval. The tools I've heard of include Esker, Hyland, Scanman (Forza), Canon, IntelliChief. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

E1 9.2

Experience here with Forza Scanman. I would not put it at the top of my recommendations. We are a single version behind, but while most software is not 100%, we find this software creates errors in our A/P module.

Experience here with Forza Scanman. I would not put it at the top of my recommendations. We are a single version behind, but while most software is not 100%, we find this software creates errors in our A/P module.
Hi, can you explain what kind of errors it creates in your A/P module? We are planning to have a serious look at Forza Scanman. For now we are using ISP.

I have seen a demonstration of this product (https://www.steltix.com/products/apa/) and it looks very good, because it is integrated in JDE and you have some applications already created to be able to handle all the integration of the invoices with A / P.

I hope it helps. What I don't know is if they only work in Europe.
Regards

I'm looking for recommendations for AP automation tools. I'm looking for software to capture an invoice image, do some OCR magic to parse out the data, voucher, and have some type of workflow to push exceptions to the correct users for approval. The tools I've heard of include Esker, Hyland, Scanman (Forza), Canon, IntelliChief. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

E1 9.2
Hi ,

Yes we used Scanman for many of our customers. Please reach out to [email protected] for more details and demo on same.
Thanks,
Guru.

Hi, can you explain what kind of errors it creates in your A/P module? We are planning to have a serious look at Forza Scanman. For now we are using ISP.
The software seems to occasionally create additional lines in the F43121 table. We are a version behind so this might be solved in a newer version. We have also had issues with the OCR engine not detecting values properly.

The software seems to occasionally create additional lines in the F43121 table. We are a version behind so this might be solved in a newer version. We have also had issues with the OCR engine not detecting values properly.
Hi- We are looking at Scanman as well and I am curious if this issue has been resolved. Can you provide any update?

Hi All

My name is Simon and I work for Bottomline Technologies. We have a JDE AP solution called "TransformAP" which has been around for many years and used by thousands of customers world wide. We can do full line level OCR capture and 2/3 way matching in JDE with screens/apps built directly into JDE. If you would like more information then contact me at [email protected] or 0448014318 (I am based in Australia but we have offices world wide)

Hi- We are looking at Scanman as well and I am curious if this issue has been resolved. Can you provide any update?
The OCR issues have not been resolved. Forza has suggested that we upgrade our version which we plan to do in Q1.

We have around 15 of our members using Tungsten (formerly DocuSphere) and they are very happy with it. It handles everything you mentioned above.

If you are willing to look at a cloud-native solution seamlessly integrated with JDE than check out Reducr.io by Hight.io. It is a new product without any OCR training or templates and using Orchestrations with which you can set up flows for specific ap processes. More info on Reducr.io

Please know that we are in the middle of project to upgrade our version of Forza Scanman. The latest version will prove to be a much stronger option for A/P automation. The OCR engine is updated and there are significant improvements to the overall application design and functionality. Our A/P team is excited to have Scanman version 2022 in their roadmap in Q2. I will follow up with the results of our complete implementation in a few months.

Hi!
If you are still considering AP Automation and looking for a low-cost solution built specifically for JD Edwards – I’d like the opportunity to connect with you to learn more about your AP process and if there could be a fit for our solution, AP Express

Some highlights of our solution:
  • SaaS AP Automation
  • Native integration with JDE
  • Look and feel of JDE makes it intuitive for end users
  • 30-day implementation
  • Only 2 hours of IT resource time required for install
  • Supplier Portal gives suppliers self-service capabilities to submit and check the status of invoices and it comes free with our AP Automation solution

We have recently completed our Forza Scanman upgrade to the latest 2022 version. Our A/P group is extremely happy with the resulting functionality of the software. The OCR engine is upgraded and the enhancements to the overall functionality make this JDE add-on an excellent solution. The solution has a mobile option as well that we have installed but not yet deployed. The Forza team was excellent to work with from the project manager down to the technical folks. We needed to carry a few cosmetic customizations into the new version and that was no problem for them. Feel free to contact me if you have questions, but I would highly recommend anyone looking for A/P automation software as a complimentary tool for JDEdwards to take a good look at the Scanman product.

Back