Any recomendations for Windows based EDI translators for use with E1?

Charles.Wilt

I wanted to see if anybody had any recommendations as to which Windows based EDI translator to use with E1.

We're an iSeries shop that will be moving to Oracle running on Windows 2003. Currently, we use Gentran Server for iSeries, but with the iSeries going away, we'll need a new translator.

Gentran Server for Windows is an obvious choice to look into. Does anybody have recommendations for/against Gentran or any other EDI translator and E1?

If it matters, we are an OEM Automotive Supplier.

Thank you,
Charles Wilt

But we don't know Gentran Server for Windows.

We know Gentran Server for iSeries.

Obviously, Gentran Server for Windows doesn't use green screens. Other than that how alike are the two products? I have a feeling that any similarity is purely coincidental
wink.gif
Does anybody have experience with both versions?

Way back when at a prior employer, we had the single user Gentran Director for Windows product. That's the product I learned EDI on. When we moved to Gentran Server for AS/400 I didn't bother to take any training. I sertainly didn't get the impression that the products were designed to be similar, it was just that they worked similar since they both did the same thing.

I don't want to favor Gentran if there really isn't a reason to.

Thank you,
Charles Wilt

Anyone know of any lowcost solutions for EDI? We are going to be getting Invoices from one supplier, this would be the first EDI setup for our system, inbound only. We need a Translator to take the EDI file and put it in the proper Z file format.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know of any lowcost solutions for EDI? We are going to be getting Invoices from one supplier, this would be the first EDI setup for our system, inbound only. We need a Translator to take the EDI file and put it in the proper Z file format.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at webmethods. That can do that translation easily. We use it for inbound, outbound, and cross system (legacy to JDE) middleware.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair North American System Admin
JDE CNC and Security, Websphere, Tidal, Princeton Softech

Back