Allocation Program P42997 reducing quantities when Multiple Locations assigned to an Item

jvgs_inc

Allocation Program P42997 reducing quantities when Multiple Locations assigned to an Item

Hi, We are on JDE World 7.3 Cum 6. We have an issue where one of our branch plants have multiple locations assigned to each product. When the Pick Slip process is submitted the P42997 (Allocation program) appears to be splitting the lines but loses some of the quantity. For example- SO has qty of 4. The F41021 has 4 on hand spread across 3 locations ie; Loc 1- qty 2, Loc 2 - qty 1 and Loc 3 - qty 1. The pick slip may show line 1 - Qty 2 and line 1.1 - Qty of 1 but Line 1.2 Never prints or updated to the Ledger. It's as though we lost a quantity of 1. Inventory is definitely available prior to the pick slip process. Even if B/O exists for the line - Inventory is replenished and B/O release performed successfully showing UORG 4 and Shipped 4. Once we invoke the P42520 and P42997 is invoked with the split lines it appears that we lose some of the qty.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.

Re: Allocation Program P42997 reducing quantities when Multiple Locations assigned to an Item

Sounds like a programming bug (these things do happen).=C2=A0 I would conta ct support for assistance.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Re: Allocation Program P42997 reducing quantities when Multiple Locations assigned to an Item

Hey John, =0A=C2=A0=0AThanks for responding.... The only problem with that is all other branch plants are functioning fine.. It just seems to be happe ning when an item has multiple locations.. No mods to pgm...=C2=A0 =0A=C2 =A0=0Athanks for trying... =0AJeanmarie=0A =0A=0A

I have had this problem before. There is a bug in P42997 where on a split line the liner type SDLNTY is being updated with a blank. This is causing these blank lines to seem to be disappearing when performing an online order inquiry. When you query the records in file F4211 there are actually there.

Thanks John for getting back to me on this. I am definitely going to take a look at the P42997 and let you know..

Vince,

It's actually happening on the Pick List P42520. The allocation program P42997 is not filling the order. So we may have qty shipped on the order for 10 with 5 in locaton 1, 4 in location 2 and 1 in location 3. When the P42997 runs through the Pick List process it only shows for example: Location 1 - Qty 5 Line 1000
Location 2 - Qty 4 Line 1.100

and then Location 3 - Qty 1 never shows up on the Pick List, is Not writted to the Ledger etc... Yet there is still an Available Qty of 1 sitting in Location 3?? We do have Partial Shipment Flag on the Customer Master set to 'Y' however, there is available qty to fill the order.

thx JM

Here are some more ideas to check for. If there are quantities in multiple locations, then P42997 will split the F4211 line into multiple records for each location. This is normal. Check the data selection in P42520 to see if there is anything to cause the record to be omitted. Are you running advanced warehouse management (wms), if so check the item profile.

Vince,

I have checked the DWV data selections and it appears that they are ok based on the values I see but will definitely revisit. Do you mean the Item Master info for F4101?

jm

Back