After SP Installation unable to update passwords

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I just installed SP 23 T1 to an Xe installation. This site went from SP 22C1. This include the change in the password encryption.

I have two questions, 1st was there any post-install process I should have perfomed for the password change? The special instructions just said save F98OWSEC & F9312.

Second we are now unable to change passwords, the change appears to work, but when the user tries to sign in, they get an invalid password message, however the 'old' password still works.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

Sounds like you have issues updating the F98OWSEC for an existing record - check one of the ones you attempted to change and look at the UPMJ/UPMT to see if it had changed recently. Then, as a test, see if you can create a brand new user from scratch with a brand new record. My guess is that the system isn't updating the F98OWSEC correctly (though I haven't seen this personally) but is allowing new records to be generated. You might have to trash all your F98OWSEC records and re-enter them...I hope you haven't got too many F98OWSEC records !

Tom,

I know there is a required ESU for the new password encryption to work properly. Make sure you have it applied, although I think you would because I don't think you could have logged into the system after applying the service pack otherwise.

-Brian

After SP Installation unable to update passwords. More info

Just a little more info. I have discovered that F98OWEC was not journaled, could someone with an Xe installation and SP Q or better see if you have it journaled?

BTW, this is an AS/400 installation.

Tom

I think you have to apply the ESU JD25239, then would solve the password
reseting problem. It happened to me but now it is working ok. Please make
sure to download the ESU which is compatible with your OS.

Regards,

Jawed Akhtar

Re: After SP Installation unable to update passwords. More info

We're on SP23_H, and F98OWSEC is not journaled on our system.

Jawed,

We did have JD25239 applied, however I thought it was just a planner ESU, wrong thought. We hadn't deployed a package yet because we discovered an old (more than 3 years) issue with a business function. That was solved last night. I did a client package that included the ESU and now we can update passwords from DV.

Thanks for the input.

Tom

Re: After SP Installation unable to update passwords. More info

Hi

we took tools release Sp23_U1 recently but still facing the Password problem,We have not taken the password ESU which have mentioned as it should be availbale in with SP23_u1.

Can you give some insight on this.Also would you be in a position to explain about journaling F98OWSEC table.What do we mean by Journaling F98OWSEC table.

Thanks
Prasant

Back