After AS400->MS SQL migration the package.INF file is incorrect

alch

Hi,
I have a puzzle here:
We moved our database from AS400 to MS SQL. There are new Windows servers, including the deployment server. All datasources and server names were updated.
The new package builds fail. The logs show that it cannot find the deployment server, which name is padded with 2 spaces, increasing the length from 13 to 15 (max for MKEY). The server name is 'USJDE-E1DEP01'; the system searches for 'USJDE-E1DEP01 '. I checked the ini files, registry, OL and System tables. I could not find the name padded with the spaces.
You can remove the pads from the name in the package INF file. After that you can re-submit the package from the Package Build History and it will proceed. It will fail because it cannot find some C files, but it is possible that it was caused by the initial error.
The tools release is 8.11 SP1.
Any ideas will be welcome.
Thank you.

Alex

How did you convert from AS/400 to SQL ?

If you converted outside of OneWorld - then you're likely seeing the start of a lot of data conversion issues. Space padding, nulls and other nastiness will appear if you tried to convert the data directly - it is NOT recommended to convert the data that way.

Hi Jon,
I created several foreign MS SQL data source in the old system; then used R98403 to copy the data. Using SQL querries some records (OL, Central Objects, Versions) were updated. To re-create the system and SVM tables I created a plan in the planner environment on the new deployment server and ran the plan in the Installation Workbench. It finished successfully.

Alex

ok - check the Machine Identification table and go back over all the datasource definitions (SVR). Sounds like you converted the data correctly, but something must be hardcoded with spaces in it.

You might not be able to see the spaces, by the way - in the applications. Best to go through all of the apps, and re-type in the name of the server without the spaces. My guess is that the padding was done because someone used the clipboard to paste in the server name somewhere...

Back