Advanced query from E1 page

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I don't know if this is possible or someone did already different way. e.g

I just simply want to pass advanced query name from E1 page to execute specific query when form loads. see below the E1 page code. idea is to have E1 pages for each departments and when users click the page it will run the advance query as per their setup.

@A:customIcon=img/fixed.png|appId=P1204|formId=W1204C|version=ZJDE0001:Work with Assets:runE1App('P1204','W1204C','ZJDE0001')

Thanks in Advance

This sounds like it might be a good use case for a Watchlist, provide you have licensed OneView Reporting (at least the Foundation element).

Hi Don

For Watchlist we need one view report license? I guess it is same as Café one ?

Thanks

To use Watchlists you need OneView Foundation licenses. (You don't need any technical OVR components installed , to get Watchlists to work).

CafeOne does not need any additional licenses .

Ad,

Yes, ice_cube is spot on. Watchlists require OVR Foundation license. This is a different piece of functionality than Cafe One, which is built into the base JDE Foundation license. Note that these are two DIFFERENT types of foundation licenses and are NOT interchangeable.

Thanks a lot.

I know it is a big question, how much the OVR foundation license? just estimate for example finance OVR. I assume we can use one view report if we get that.

We have JD Edward technology foundation. (blue stack).

Thanks

List price for OVR foundation license is 1150 USD per user. If you only want to use Watchlists , then this is what you need. If you want to use the out of box delivered OneView Reports and applications for a specific module , then you need to buy the OneView module licenses also , which are also 1150 per user. Every user that will use any OneView functionality needs a OneView foundation license , and then a OneView module license if they are to use OVR for a specific module (kind of similar to regular JDE application module licensing.)

You can get more details here on the minimums etc (usually a 5 pack) .

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/jd-edwards-price-list-070607.pdf

Of course these are all list prices. What you finally pay will depend on what you can negotiate with your friendly Oracle sales rep ;-)

Thanks everyone.

Seems like it is expensive. Need to look what best for us price wise as a whole instead of buying individual licenses. Need 5 days training course to understand Oracle license :)

Thanks

Back