Advanced Pricing & UOM

DeniseDG

Working in E1 9.0
Scenario:
We are a paper distribution company. Some product is packed in Cartons but we will break open that carton and sell individual sheets.
Primary UM = Sheet Pricing UM is MS (Thousand Sheets), but users can and will enter Sales Orders in any valid UM for the item (Carton, Hundredweight)

I have an Item Master Cat Code for what we call "Quantity Break Unit of Measure" - that would be CT (Carton). This has been created as a Cat Code for use in complex item groups but s also a valid UM (UOM6)in the Item Master.

Our published List Prices (Price Book) are based on brackets of the Quantity Break Unit of Measure. For example, a 4 Carton Price, A 10 Carton Price, A 16 Carton Price. In my heavily modified World 7.3 system, I need only enteryList Price adjustment details in the Quantity Break UM (UOM6)and no matter how a user enters a sales order - they will get a price as long as there is a UOM conversion for that unit of measure - up or down. We do not have any price adjustment details in our current system in the primary UM.

E1 9.0 Dilemma:
Can't retrieve a price if the transaction um is primary unless there are price adjustment details with threshold values in primary. I need about 40 or 50 item price groups for my Price Book, but we can have thousands of SKU's within a group. Of the items within one item price group, the packing of primary um (Sheets) in a Carton can vary considerably. Packing is not a category code (and we don't have any IM Cat Codes left), so can't group items based on Packing Qty. Even if we could group on packing quantity, it would add an enormous amount of setup/maintenance.

Is there a way to avoid entering price adjustment details for a threshold value that is my Primary UM (Sheets) and still be able to retrieve a price if the Sales Order Transaction UM is SH and the Pricing UM is something greater (CT).

I don't know if somehow the combination of Branch Plant Constant for Sales Price UOM Retrieval and the Item/Branch Sales UOM Sequence can solve this for me. (There is no Branch/Plant constant for Sales Price UOM Retrieval in World 7.3)

Thanks for any insight.
Denise

How about enter the threshold qty as the inverse conversion from the price break qty?

For example, for part number “ABC123” 1 CT = $29.50/CT and there are 5,000 sheets per CT.

SET UP ITEM MASTER
UOM1= SH
UOM4= MS
UOM6= CT
Conversion: 1 CT = 5 MS
Conversion: 1 MS = 1,000 SH {no sequence}(probably a standard conversion)
Conversion: 1 CT = 5,000 SH {SPEC = 1} -- inverse 5,000 = .0002

SET UP ADVP – ADJ DET
DMNQ (From Level): .0002
UOM (Threshold UM): CT

SYSTEM CONSTANTS
Price Retrieval = “3” Sales UoM Seq and Primary

- Sequencing will tell the system in what UoM(s) you want to calculate the adj details.
- The Pricing UoM (UOM4) in item master should tell the system how to display the final price (i.e. $5.90 MS)
- Warning 1: watch out for data conversions into the item master conversion table. Ensure that the inverse is correct, or else you may encounter inventory commitment issues.
- Warning 2: Decimals must go out to four decimals when calculating commitments or it will not work for orders < 50 SH

Therefore, when you order less than a whole number of the sequenced price retrieval UoM, the system can still pull the price from the adj detail records.
I.E. 1 SH of item ABC123 should pull the $5.90/MS

Thanks Kevin.
Believe it or not, it looks like changing the B/P Constant for Sales Price Retrieval UOM to 4 (Sales Seq UM & Transaction) might have solved my issue. So far no matter what combo of transaction um/pricing um I enter on an SO, ADVP gets the right price every time, and that's without entering any price adjustment details in primary um.
The only thing right now that I think could be a problem is if the Item B/P record has incorrect or missing Sales Seq UM's.
I'll keep you posted.

Back