Advanced Pricing & UOM

morrissm

Advanced Pricing Adjustment with alternate unit of measure:

I think I have the answer to this question, but wanted to post it to the group for feedback.

I have a situation where my saleable items are stocked in a primary unit of measure as cases. The distribution environment is such that I have a freight schedule by zone and bracket on a per pound basis. I already know from past experience that I cannot define the bracket by the total weight of the order and be able to mark-up each line. Instead, what I thought would be a straight forward adjustment to do a mark-up based on the order detail group I defined by zone, stop (bracket code), and Freight Handling Code. My pricing hierarchy for this test scenario was simply all items for all customers. The adjustment definition was as follows:
Adjustment Name. . . . . FSTEST01 Zone Bracket Pricing

Pricing Rule . . . . . .
Customer Pricing Rule. .
Order Detail Group . . . FREIGHT

Preference Type. . . . . FS
Adjustment Control Code. 1
Adjustment Level . . . . 1
Adjustment Line Type . . S

Override Price (Y/N) . . N
Level Break Type . . . . 2
Manual Discount. . . . . Y
Rebate Beneficiary . . .
Mandatory Adjustment . . N
Subledger in G/L . . . .
G/L Class Code . . . . . ZFRT

Adjustment Name. . . FSTEST01 Zone Bracket Pricing

B . .Effective. . F Stop Zone
O UM Factor C From Thru H Code No.
LB .0978 5 06/01/04 12/31/10 D 20K 010
From Quantity. . 99999.00- Cost Method. 01 - 19 Reserved f

I ran an order through Sales Order Entry and obtained the following result:

4074W Price Adjustments
Item Number. . Test2 Quantity . . . 10.00 CS
Description. . Test Bracket Item Two Unit Cost. . . xxxxxx CS
Line Number. . 7.000 Profit Margin. xxxxx
O
O Seq Adj Name Description Value R Reason Code
Base Price 18.8300
10 FSTEST01 Zone Bracket Pricing .0978 N

Unit Price . . . . . . . 18.9278 CS
The adjustment added the factor value to the case unit of measure instead of calculating the LB to CS conversion and applying that amount.

I tried adding a part number with a primary unit of measure in LB and was only able to get it to process correctly by changing my level break type to 1 (quantity) even though there are no level breaks in the adjustment. Unfortunately this did not produce the desired result for the above item, in fact it did not find any adjustment what-so-ever.

Changing the primary unit of measure of our saleable items is really not an option, nor would it have been an option during the original set-up. Short of that I guess my only solution is to create adjustments by item on a per case basis. This obviously increases the maintenance of the F4072 exponentially. Any thoughts out there? Am I missing something or have others found the similar results?

Back