Advanced Pricing + on-the-fly discounts?

magpie

Is it possible to use a complex Order Detail Group to give an additional discount to an order line that already has an adjusted price (based on a price schedule attached in the Customer Billing Instructions)?

We use Advanced Pricing, but we also need a way to give discounts on-the-fly. For example, we give a 5% discount on lines that backorder. We also give a 5% discount on lines that do not ship within 24 hours. I would like to use the PC 1-3 columns in SOE for this purpose, but it's not working.

If possible, how do you set up the hierarchy? I currently have mine as all customers/all items, but it comes after our other price schedules, so I'm assuming that's my problem. Would it help to use the Order Detail Group with an Advanced Preference?

Hi there! Yes, you need to use order detail groups in order to give discounts based on UPC1 code
Preferably, you would create a separat adjustemnt for the additional discount, based on current net price

Hope this helps
/Aarto

Yes - order detail groups are the way to go! They are easy to set up and easy to use as well.

Best of luck!
~Kevin

Thanks, this is now working beautifully.

After reading the AP documentation, I still had a bit of a knowledge gap. A kind JDELister gave me some insight into the adjustment schedule --> adjustment relationship. Once that lightbulb went on, all was well.

Back