Advanced Payment Terms - Seasonal Dating Programs

Plantsman

Plantsman

We have seasonal dating terms for our customer invoices, and would like to use the Advanced Payment Terms P00145 file to manage the process for us. Our terms vary by season, such as NET 30 days in spring months, NET 90 days in summer months, and NET 60 days in fall months. Looking at the Due Date Rules P00146, I don't see how we can manage the date ranges individually for each month. Is there a way to set up a variable customer terms program using just one Advanced Payment Terms code, or are we forced to manage this using multiple codes and updating customer records and orders as the seasons (and terms) change?

Have you tried the payment terms preferences, either 01 or 38? You don't
state what release of the software you are on but the basic payment terms
preferences should work regardless.

After E1 8.9, an advanced payment terms preference is also available, but I
think it is designed for giving different payment terms based on the quantity
ordered as well as the effective dates.

Russell Karnap
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])

Ooops! Sorry...we are on 8.12. In my haste to type out my first formal request of the group I forgot to add our version of the software...my bad! Yes, we can use the regular term preferences but that means I have to roll to new term codes each time our net dating seasons change. I am assuming also that the term codes themselves cannot be changed (meaing adding or subtracting net due days) after they are on invoices, as it will re-age the invoices already posted to the A/R, correct?

Back