Advance Pricing & Performance in SO Detail (B7331)

fsaeed

B7331 SP7.1 /NT 4.0 SP 5.0/SQL 7.0 SP2.0 / Citrix MetaFrame 1.8
8 processor HP / 4G of RAM Enterprise box

We had JDE Tier 1 business consultants setup our advance pricing with the following 6 layers of PRICING PREFERENCE HIERARCHY and about 42 schedules:

1). Item Number by Ship To Address
2). Item Group by Ship To Address
3). Item Number by Sold To Address
4). Item Group by Sold To Address
5). Item Number by All Customers (Base Pricing Only)
6). Item Group by All Customers (Base Pricing Only)

I am more tehnical than not. For what I have been told, these business consultants have not seen such complex advance pricing. The only reason I mention this is because these consultants specialize in advance pricing and I am not questioning their expertise.

As we grow and add more users we have started to see the following advance pricing performance issue:

o If we don't have advance pricing setup for certain customers with no one on the system:(FAT or Terminal Servers)
P4310 - Adding one line and going from that line to a new line in the SO detail takes less than 1 second.

o If we do have advance pricing setup for certain customers with no one on the system:(FAT or Terminal Servers)
P4210 - Adding one line and going from that line to a new line in the SO detail takes 3-4 second.

o If we do have advance pricing setup for certain customers with 100+ type load on the system: (FAT or Terminal Servers)
P4210 - Adding one line and going from that line to a new line in the SO detail takes 6-20 second (depending on the load).

I have searched the old JDElist/ New JDElist articles and have seen this issue mentioned but no ideas about how to solve this problem. Someone did mention that they are going to call the repricing UBE for advance pricing at night. We cannot implement this solution for a lot of reasons.

We are pushing Denver to resolve this issue as soon as possible since 3-4 seconds per line is not acceptable out in the field.

My questions to the list are:

Any of you doing complex advance pricing and how is your performance??
Have any of you heard of performance problems and/or solutions that I may have missed??

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions....

Faisal

Back